But what if they're right............still the Truth?

by ScoobySnax 126 Replies latest social family

• ScoobySnax
    ScoobySnax

This will probably apply to few here, but to me it'll always be that way. It's the what if syndrome maybe, but it's always there. I still think that as a core belief system the JW's have it right, even if their delivery isn't always right. Thoughts please? Scoob

• Dansk
    Dansk

Scooby,

Stop fooling around! There's nothing true about any of it!!

Ian

• south african beef
    south african beef

Yeah I must admit that sometimes I feel the same as you - 'what if?'

What if Armageddon is coming soon - should I hurry up and get back in?

Then common sense and reality sets in - no way have they got the 'troof'.

Let's assume they are right.

To me, an eternity on an earth inhabited only by Jehovah's Witnesses and vegetarian lions and tigers sounds more like hell on earth. No thanks.

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free

If they ever had it right there would be no need to keep making changes. They make more changes in a single decade than most religions do in a century. They can't be taken seriously.

W

• fullofdoubtnow
    fullofdoubtnow

Are you serious? I wouldn't even say that as a joke, someone might hear me.

They've been wrong too many times to ever be right, except by accident.

• jgnat
    jgnat

Okay, I've been waiting a couple of years for you to examine your motives with some depth. Let's see if you can do it now.

WHY do you think they are mostly right?

• ScoobySnax
    ScoobySnax

No no....it's not the "threat" of Armageddon that makes me feel that way, it's just that I suck up every religious debate online I can, but none of them seem to be right to me, and I'm trying to word this right so you don't jump all over me, ...but none of them seem to have the ring of truth that I remember from the Kingdom Hall. You can call it indoctrination maybe, but it's just how I feel. Of course most of the time I can get on and live my life, but sometimes it still jabs me in the neck.

• katiekitten
    katiekitten

OK, lets assume they are right. What realistic chance did you stand of getting in anyway? Did you do enough field service? Did you do enough prayer and study? Did you rely on jehovah enough? Did you really LOVE all your brothers and sisters? Were your thoughts humble and pure, chaste and righteous?

Personally I never felt good enough even when I was pioneering, so even if I went back my chances of not being destroyed were slim.

Plus did you never stop to think you might not like it in paradise? I mean, we were all conditioned to believe it would be the bees knees, but if im honest the thought of having to live forever with nobody but Jehovahs Witnesses, having to bow and scrape to god every day and tell him how thankful I was that he had saved my unworthy ass is not my idea of eternal joy.

Good job they are not right, huh?

• jgnat
    jgnat

"ring of truth". Where does that come from? Does it sound like the doctrines are reasonable? Is it the reasonableness that appeals to you? Which doctrines?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit