My life as a Jehovahs Witness

by iamfreenow 50 Replies latest jw experiences

• Dansk
    Dansk

Marion,

That's one incredible story - and all I could think of, through the last part especially, was how the organisation uses the best years of a person's life and then, after having sucked them dry to the marrow, spits them out like garbage!

I can't wait to meet you at the ApostaCurry and I salute your bravery - because it can't be easy after so many years in the org., and so many as a devoted regular pioneer.

You REALLY are amongst true friends now. We don't judge and we accept everyone with all their "failings". Welcome to the family!

Ian

• iamfreenow
    iamfreenow

Hello Ian, and thankyou for this:

You REALLY are amongst true friends now. We don't judge and we accept everyone with all their "failings".

I realised that the first time Linda showed me this forum, and it is so refreshing to amongst people who aren't judgemental, having spent so long amongst people who generally are. I am really looking forward to meeting you and your family next month, along with whoever else comes alomg. I need to get some curry - eating practice in first though, it's not food I am used to!

Marion xxx

• fokyc
    fokyc

I have all the KMs but can't find the bit you want. Sept 1974 had some inserts that certainly allude to the imminent end. If anybody can point me in the right direction I can copy to the site for you, I will continue looking.

Wonderful gripping story Marion, you deserve some happiness to come from this.

Best wishes, Fokyc

• juni
    juni

Dearest Marion.

I just finished reading your well written personal account. What a brave lady you are. You WILL be a survivor like all of us here. We are here for each other. We offer a shoulder to cry on when need be, listening ears when someone wants to speak, and kindness without conditions.

Now you are an integral part of this forum. You will never know how many people you have helped today and last evening by writing your story. Quite a few people read the posts, but have not personally replied. This all changes as we have had MANY new people coming here. Everyone's words are valuable to those who are looking for answers.

We get silly too. I'm sure Linda has told you about the "Fluff" topics. So there is something for everyone or according to the mood you're in.

Again thank you for sharing your history. I found that in this organization you can never DO enough or be pleasing enough for our Creator. I really don't feel that they are the true representatives of the God of the Universe who only deserves our worship and adulation. The situation in this religion has got worse through the years to the point today that many are waking up to the Pharisaical rules and rubbish.

Hugs Marion with love.

Juni (Linda knows my real name)

• iamfreenow
    iamfreenow

Hello juni,

Thankyou so much for your kind words, and for taking such an interest in me during the last few months. I know Linda counts you as a friend, one of the many she has made on this forum, and I hope to do the same soon.

I have found writing my story very helpful to me personally, though of course some memories are happier than others, and if it has helped anyone else, then all the effort has been more than worthwhile. I don't know how many, if any, of my JW "friends" and family will speak to me now, I have reasonable hopes regarding my sister, but we will see. What I do know is that I have friends on this forum, apart from Linda and Trevor, and I am so happy to be here.

all my love

Marion xxx

• juni
    juni
    of course some memories are happier than others,

You are so right Marion! And those good memories will last forever and there's nothing wrong with that.

I am encouraged by you!

Have a good weekend and we'll be talking more.

Love with hugs,

Juni

• drew sagan
    drew sagan

Thanks so much for sharing your story. I'm so glad you where finally able to see through the Watchtower. How great it feels to be free from all of that stuff!
    I also wanted to comment on something you had mentioned:

The only thing that sustained me during that time was the certain hope that I would see him again in the resurrection once Armageddon was over, and now I know that the watchtower is a man - made religion founded on a falsehood, I no longer have that hope. I feel cheated by the liars that taught me those false promises, and encouraged me to keep striving for their interests under the guise of serving Jehovah.

Sometimes it's very easy to look back at our service in the Watchtower and see that we where slaving for men (which we where no doubt). I've met a number of people over the past few months who where JWs much longer than I ever was. I know one married coupple that where JWs i think for more than 50 years. But they don't consider it all for loss. There are good things and there are bad things and I think it's good to remember both. Without being preachy I wanted to add that while during while during the time you where in the org you where serving it and it's interest, you where serving your God even more so by being the best Christian you thought you could be.
    Thanks again for sharing your story, it's amazing to see how many are leaving the org and why.

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff

Dear Marion -

I have not met Linda, nor Trevor, nor you. Yet, as has happened time and again on this forum, I am moved to near tears of joy with knowing what little I am able know through your well written account. Thank you.

I left after 43 years of believing the lies, presented as truth. I left in the past most of my life I suppose, but no regrets for having acted on conscience. You are blessed to have Linda and Trevor to support you.

Knowing that you, and Linda and Trevor, and Ian, are going to be together at the Apostacurry coming up makes me wish I could obtain a quick ticket and fly over there myself. But alas, back to earth my feet come, and it will have to be another day we meet.

Your story has so many familiar lines of event and time, yet removed by oceans between. My mother was DF'd in '74 due to smoking also. She later sought and gained reinstatement to the organization, I think to maintain contact with her children that were in, but she never again did much with the 'truth'. On her funeral 2 years back, we were greeted by a complete boycott by the congregation she loved. If I had not already put the pieces together that would have done it I think. I keenly loved your account, and am so glad we can welcome you here to the forum.

Joy and Peace to you

Jeff

• iamfreenow
    iamfreenow

Thankyou all so much for your kind replies. I have never experienced such a feeling of warmth and kindness from people I have hardly met in all my years as a JW.

Thankyou so much

all my love

Marion xxx

• bronzefist
    bronzefist

Marion, thank you so very much for telling us your story it was a far better read than anything I have ever read from the so called personal experiences in the Awake magazine. I feel that I have known you for many years because of your marvelous writing skills.

I’m sorry for the loss of your husband.

bronzefist

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit