MY SON'S LEAVING HOME!!!!!!!!

by Dansk 44 Replies latest jw friends

• Dansk
    Dansk

My older son, Karl, is leaving home. It could be this coming Sunday but, if not, definitely sometime during next week.

Karl has been a wonderful son and friend. Leaving Watchtower was made so much easier because of him - and his decision to exit undoubtedly prompted my wife, Claire, to take a look at the damning evidence herself! Most of you know our story by now, but I unashamedly post the link again for any new ones: http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/9/47295/1.ashx

It's going to be an emotional time. Claire just 'phone me with the news. But, hey, I'm not really sad. Why? Because:

HE'S GOING TO UNIVERSITY!!!!!!!!!

We're overjoyed because he'll be doing something HE wants to do. He's out of the Borg mindset and is growing up into a fine young man. He's studyimg Musical Production, so one day you might see him setting up the sound equipment for some major star or recording their songs in the sound studio. I can dream!

We're driving down to Brighton (where he'll be studying and where there's a wonderful music scene - Karl is also drummer in a band and is learning keyboards). His girlfreind is joining him!

Well, just thought I'd share. Kids grow up sooooo fast - but the main thing is Karl is his own man. He's FREE!!

Ian

• crazyblondeb
    crazyblondeb

I know you will miss him, but how wonderful for all of you. Please tell him he'll be in our prayers! And tell him how proud WE ALL are of him. It's like one of our own going off to school.

WOOHOO- another victory for us!!

shelley

• Crumpet
    Crumpet
    We're driving down to Brighton (where he'll be studying and where there's a wonderful music scene - Karl is also drummer in a band and is learning keyboards).

Excellent - not far for me - we can bunk up together - accomodation problems solved ! Hurray!

His girlfreind is joining him!

I bet you are real proud Ian and Claire - thats great news and he's bound to bring his dirty washing home periodically - unless his gal does it!

• fullofdoubtnow
    fullofdoubtnow

I wish Karl all the very best Ian. I can remember when I went to university, it's a little strange at first, being away from home, but it's quite an adventure! This said it all for me:

but the main thing is Karl is his own man. He's FREE!!

Just imagine the reception this news would have got if he'd still been in the borg. that is, if he'd even taken such a step, which I doubt. Isn't it wonderful being able to live your own life and make your own decisions without some window cleaner giving you careers advice?

Ain't apostasy grand!!!

love

Linda

• Dansk
    Dansk

Shelley (((((((())))))):

WOOHOO- another victory for us!!

ABSOLUTELY!

Crumpet: ((((((((()))))))):

thats that little plan to get a toy boy booted then!

LOL!

I bet you are real proud Ian and Claire - thats great news

VERY proud!

Linda: (((((((())))))))):

Ain't apostasy grand!!!

Certainly is!!

Ian

• KW13
    KW13

congratulations for him moving on with his life and making something of it!

• Dismembered
    Dismembered

Greetings Ian,

Congrats to your son!

:Kids grow up sooooo fast

That's for sure. I have 3 of my own.

Dismembered

• Gordy
    Gordy

Some quotes from WT publications:-

higher education, which is having a negative impact on their spirituality. Further, since the 1960's, many schools of advanced learning have become hotbeds of lawlessness and immorality.

A university degree may or may not improve your employment prospects. But one fact is indisputable: "The time left is reduced"!

If you are a young person, you also need to face the fact that you will never grow old... corrupt system is due to end in a few years..... you will never fulfil any career that this system offers. (WT 1969)

Do not be influenced by them. Do not let them "brainwash" you with the Devil's propaganda to get ahead, to make something of yourself in this world.

Ian I hope your son keep these quotes in mind ...........NOT! (except to remember how lucky he is to have a father that cared for him)

I'm sure you will give him the love and support that he deserves.

I'm seen to many good clever young people, lives messed up, because of the WT view about education and universities etc.

I'm sure every ex-JW on this forum wishes him all the best.

• mouthy
    mouthy

I am so happy for you all (IANS FAMILY) I am so glad he found freedom before he got much older.

Sounds like the apple didnt fall far from the tree if he is as great as you said Ian & Claire(((HUG)))

• luna2
    luna2

That's wonderful news, Ian! Its an adjustment...so hard when the babies leave home...but there is such a sense of satisfaction that they have grown up well.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit