Bethel Letter to Publishers (US Bethel Layoffs)

by V 25 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• blondie
    blondie

About 600 based on Bethel sources. That's enough.

• Mary
    Mary

Let me translate this:

Dear Kingdom Publishers:

Let the Will of Jehovah Take Place." (Acts 21:14) This was the title of a symposium presented to the United States Bethel family by Governing Body and Branch Committee members on the evening of Monday, December 26, 2005. It was explained that as a result of the simplification of certain branch operations, some Bethel family members would be invited to serve in the United States field in various assignments where the excellent training they have received at Bethel could be put to good use.

Improved technology has made our shipping and printing facilities more efficient. This has reduced the need for volunteers in the Bethel home. On the other hand, there is a growing need for more "workers [in the] harvest." (Luke 10:2) As one member of the Governing Body observed: "We can buy machines to do our printing for us, but machines cannot preach the good news." Therefore, mature, experienced brothers and sisters who have benefited from Bethel training are being assigned to the field where they will be able to contribute much to the preaching and disciple-making work. A number of congregations in the United States branch territory will benefit from their help.

In order to save money for all the lawsuits we're facing, we're kicking everyone out who we think will cost us money, even though they've given 20, 30 or 40 years of their lives to Bethel. We're downloading them onto you whether you like it or not.

We are confident that Jehovah will richly bless the adjustments being made to balance the need for faithful workers at Bethel with the needs in the field.

We don't want to hear any bitching or moaning about this either.

Your brothers,
    United States Branch Office

• observador
    observador

I hope lurkers here realize how significant this is. We, especially those with 20+ years in the "troof", know what the WT has always said about growth. During the years, they have clearly linked numerical growth with Jah's blessings. What do we now see? Lay-offs and the selling of kingdom halls. That doesn't look like growth to me. Remember the waters of Babi, the Great, that would dry out? Well, Babi is alive and well. The Society's waters is what is drying out. Observador.

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut
    they have clearly linked numerical growth with Jah's blessings. What do we now see? Lay-offs and the selling of kingdom halls. That doesn't look like growth to me.

They will spin this. The Bible clearly showed this would happen in the Sign of The Last Days. (It will be explained in a study article subtopic) The end is ever-closer.

• tijkmo
    tijkmo

last year at a circuit visit the c.o told us that the uk branch had not recieved one application for bethel...thats right not one...ties in with dozys comment about them being desperate...shortly afterwards an aquaintance of mine and his wife were invited in...neither of them have special skills, they are young and newly married, and society policy is for newly weds to leave...not join...unless they have skills.

• Blueblades
    Blueblades

Mary! Mary! Mary! Tsk! Tsk! Tsk! You sure know how to read between the lines Now we need to send this corrected letter to all the laid off bethelites.

Blueblades

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit