Last talk at the District Convention

by BurnTheShips 43 Replies latest jw friends

• BurnTheShips
    BurnTheShips

Hello everyone. First post here. A full fledged MS in the bOrg in South Florida USA! Yep, you got a live one here! Just got back from this year's DC. I mostly dozed through the final talk of the DC this year. You know, the one with the "Resolution"? The speaker at our DC was GB member Gerrit Lösch, who apparently speaks fluent Spanish. Several JW's mentioned the impressive "new light" in the talk after the DC ended that I did not catch because it was all "blah blah..the end is really soon now!...blah blah-should be grateful for the GB!..blah blah" for three mind-numbing days. Losch brought up 1975 and compared it to a mother being wrong on predicting the day her baby would be born-of course she wouldn't throw out the baby clothes, cribs, etc because of this, she KNOWS the baby is coming! Of course, if a woman is still expecting 30 years later there is something ELSE wrong with this picture. Anyway, I was curious if anyone had access to a recording of final talk of the DC convention for me to listen to since I practically slept through mine when I was not murmuring. English OR Spanish is cool. Time to Burn the Ships.

• serendipity
    serendipity

Hi burn the ships & welcome!

Someone here posted a link to audio for the whole DC, so I know it's out there somewhere....

• earthtone
    earthtone

What a crackpot comparsion (Women having baby, throwiing out clothes). Oh please! What garbage! And I bet the majority of the audience just nodded their head's and agreed like bobble heads. Sorry... WELCOME BURN

• Purza
    Purza
    Of course, if a woman is still expecting 30 years later there is something ELSE wrong with this picture.

Yeah, sounds like there could be a little problem there (sarcasm intended).

Welcome! I was down in South Florida on vacation just a month ago (July is the wrong time to go if you don't like humidity ).

Hope you make it through Ernesto safely.

Purza

• jgnat
    jgnat

There's another term for it, "false pregnancy"

http://www.irishealth.org/index.html?level=4&con=68

And if SHE were keeping a full nursery going all those years, she'd be certifiably nutters.

• jayhawk1
    jayhawk1
    Losch brought up 1975 and compared it to a mother being wrong on predicting the day her baby would be born-of course she wouldn't throw out the baby clothes, cribs, etc because of this, she KNOWS the baby is coming!

In that case, this is one seriously long overdue baby! Or like Jgnat said, a false pregnancy.

• free2beme
    free2beme

I am surprised that they would actually admit to the 1975 thing, as most Witnesses I knew felt that to deny it was better then to admit it. Sounds like the internet has forced them to address it to some point, even if it was only to try and get people to feel the end was coming again. To go with their illustration though, if you miss the due date by such a huge amount, might be time to get a new OBGYN, as your current one sucks!

• anewme
    anewme

Earthtone and Jgnat-------very funny!

• VM44
    VM44

Isn't Gerrit Lösch the GB member that likes to sunbathe on the roof of one of the Brooklyn buildings?

A special screen on the roof had to be constructed just for his use.

--VM44

• sspo
    sspo

Welcome

Losch, heard him speak a few years back, not much of a speaker and not much of an illustration of a pregnant woman.

Wow,31 years after 1975 they are still trying to undue the damage .Don't they realize those that left because of it , are not coming back.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit