No to soaps.

by Moomin 31 Replies latest jw experiences

• mouthy
    mouthy

Btw, what is going on on Y/R? how is Victor and Nickie/?

Oh so much. Victor has become religious. John died. Jack threw Johns wife out of the house. He found out they were not really married. Phyliss is pregnant with Sharons hubby( cant remember his name at the moment..).. Oh I tell you The WT has NOTHING on the excitement this old lady is enjoying. LOL

I am so happy they set me free- I didnt see Jesus come invisably in 1914- But Jesus sees me watching this everyday & he didnt D/f me //// SMILE!!!!

• Nowman
    Nowman

Back in 1990, after my freshman year of HS, my parents took me out of public school and had me take homeschool. So, my parents would be gone during the day, and at 11:00am, I would watch Days of Our Lives, I was addicted. My parents never found out. I don't watch them anymore though, but when I did watch them, I was obsessed. Come to think of it, when 90210 came out, I was addicted to that show too, which was a soap opera. I actually named my Dylan, after Dylan Mckay, Ha!

Nikki

• wednesday
    wednesday

oh Mouthy, john died? (not for real, I hope) so sad, I liked him , he was a very nice person and I thought added a lot of real class to the show. and kay chancellor, and her enemy jill, lots fo find memories watching that show.

Victor has become religious? heavens, what sparked that? You know in real life he is a real sweetie, his wife is very nice and not glmarous at all. he also has back problems for real. Are he and Nickie still together? i will watch it tmrw. It is too late today.

memories.. i will have to go pick up a sopa mag

btw i have the 25 (silver ) anniversary book of Y/R really nice. also have the most memorable moments book of y/r.

• mouthy
    mouthy

READ BETWEEN your Questions.... oh Mouthy, john died? (not for real, I hope) NO not in real life!!! so sad, I liked him , he was a very nice person and I thought added a lot of real class to the show. and kay chancellor, and her enemy jill,They are Mother & Daughter... lots fo find memories watching that show.

Victor has become religious? heavens, what sparked that? He has epilpsey & is seeing visions... You know in real life he is a real sweetie, his wife is very nice and not glmarous at all. he also has back problems for real. Are he and Nickie still together? OH YES!!!!! It is addicting....

• delilah
    delilah

Ah Grace................you are too cute!! I remember not being able to watch any soaps, as a teen, but when I moved in with an elder and his family for a bit, his teens were watching every soap on the network, with their mom's approval. I got hooked on Y&R also....although have not watched it all summer. My daughter keeps me informed on what's happening.

I remember hearing about the taboos of the series "Friends", and how we weren't supposed to watch that either,but the ones who were watching? The elders wives and kids.....that's when I decided they could kiss my royal arse and mind their own business!!!

I used to love Coronation Street too, but haven't watched it in years, so I wouldn't know who was who anymore.

• jason bourne
    jason bourne

"Soaps are evil" mentality was heard in all my congs.....this is something i didnt agree with....i loved watching my eastenders and the bill..Elders and their wives......STOP trying to control every aspect of our lives!!!!!!

• Beachbender
    Beachbender

my name is BeachBender,. and I`m addicted to ABC soaps!

• wednesday
    wednesday

Oh yes I knew kay and Jill found out they were mother and daughter years ago. But they still have had an up and down relationship, with Jill moving in and kay moving out and heavens, who knows what.. I loved the girl they had playing Kay's granddaughter, the one from her very handsome on screen son.He only does cameo parts now (unless they have put him on as a regualr) but he was so handsome. She was very pretty for a young girl.

mouthy! now I have to watch that show again. I must. The last time I watched y/r sharon had thought she killed a man, and Nickie was helping her hide the body. (Remember, real friends and family with help you hide the bodies)

and while I am at it, i'll catch on on the B/B. I love it too. I have very fond memories of Days of our lives. As I said, my mom and i watched it together. But that was so long ago, i'd not recognize anyone on it now. Except that cute blonde doctor that everyone loved, can't even recall her name ( wait, Dedra hall) but they tried to kill her off years ago, and the public outcry was so bad, they had to bring her back to life.

• mouthy
    mouthy

Wednesday!!!! Oh I am sorry! I shouldnt get you hooked again I wish I could quit. But I am struggling. I rush home for 4.30 every day wont answer the phone during that hour

Thank God it is the ONLY one I watch Y/R Dont blame me for getting you back on it!!!!! Why dont you get your breifcase & go knocking on a few doors at that time. Telling them that the WT is a cult/////

Come to think of it I might do that

• wednesday
    wednesday

mouthy, it is a soap opera. lol I was hooked on it for years, just taking a wee break.

remember, it is ok to watch tv. it is not a bad show, really, compare to the movies. Itis just a tv show

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit