Entertaining yourself during the meetings

by Mysterious 40 Replies latest jw friends

• monkeyshine
    monkeyshine
    Cog (of the takes her thrills wherever she can find them class!)

You aint just whistlin' Dixie sister!

I used to get it to sleep so bad that if I tried to move I'd almost be screaming in pain.

I never had the discipline to count the holes but it might be worth going back one more time to accomplish that feat. lol

I would also imagine if the entire world got destroyed outside of our hall and we had to repopulate the Earth, which sister would I pick. In our hall I would have been pretty beat though.

• katiekitten
    katiekitten

Ju know what Cog, if we got kidnapped by fundies and locked in a room for 7 years we could keep ourselves entertained quite nicely for at least 6 of 'em.

Then we'd start looking round and going 'is it time for the song and prayer yet?'

• Nowman
    Nowman

I would daydream about leaving the org and all the things I would do

I would daydream about boys

If I had a crush on a boy at the hall, I would stare at him and keep looking hopefully when he wasn't looking

I couldn't write anything down or doodle because I SAT BETWEEN MY PARENTS!

But if I decided to be a good JW daughter that particular day, I would pay attention

Nikki

• cognizant dissident
    cognizant dissident

Yes, Katie. I think we could amuse ourselves for quite a while. After I share with you the secrets of successful hairsplitting, we could then turn our attention to perplexing conundrums such as how to get the camel through the eye of the needle! I'm sure we could kill a few years on that one alone.

Cog

• limbogirl
    limbogirl

This is an AWESOME post and brings back so many memories of my very "productive" childhood. Counting ceiling tiles, making up elaborate stories in my head about being adopted by a non-dub family, filling in all of the o's and a's in the WT, trying to use mental telepathy to get the speaker to trip over his words, imagining what kind of underwear everyone was wearing, and trying to count the entire stadium of people at the assembly. I had a dress when I was about nine that had a really intricate pattern -- I loved wearing it because when sitting at the meeting I would imagine the pattern to be a city and I would spend my time pushing little scraps of paper around on my lap -- these were actually cars and people zooming around in my city.

• anewme
    anewme

kegels!

• gwyneth
    gwyneth
    kegels!

lol!

• cognizant dissident
    cognizant dissident

You guys are so funny! I'm so glad I was not the only weird little kid out there!

Cog

• limbogirl
    limbogirl

Hey Cog: I don't think we were weird....just creatively surviving. My skills at "checking out" still come in handy when I'm at boring presentations or conferences.

• Frannie Banannie
    Frannie Banannie

Mulan has a thread on "Bullshit Bingo for Your Meeting Enjoyment".....it's a blast!

Here's the link: http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/6/27457/1.ashx

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit