"Ego" da man ?

by Tigerman 11 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Tigerman
    Tigerman

It occurred to me that one's ego must play a rather large part in deciding, as an adult, whether or not to become a Jehovah's Witness.

After all, after joining, one then has a Purpose in Life, a purpose and calling that could not come from any higher source. Yes! To finally understand the Bible ( so few people - even religious leaders don't understand it completely like I will someday . . . .and now I will be one of just a handful of people on Earth to truly know the Word of God ! ) My "Self ", my " Id " my " Soul " finally is fueled by the Truth spinging forth from the "Most High", the "Divine Ones", that ever so special small group of men in New York to whom GOD speaks the Truths of the Universe.

My discovery of the new me has lifted me up so I may joyfully carry the load of "Life - Change" that is surely to come to my own loved ones, for there are no boundaries containing my present loves that will hinder my quest, for I have found my "True Love" and it is Me.

Comments ?

• Quentin
    Quentin

Glad your happy...hope it sticks...

• Tigerman
    Tigerman

Q . . .hope you know it's sarcasm.

• Quentin
    Quentin

So was my response...

• serendipity
    serendipity

Ego plays a part in many life decisions.

• Dansk
    Dansk

One cannot move on spiritually without controlling the ego. Tigerman, your post is closer to the truth than you probably realise.

Ian

• Quandry
    Quandry

I can't speak for others but it was definetely not ego for me. One reason that this is probably so is because as a female, you are not joining an organization that is going to recognize your abilities or talents. You are not going to be in any position of authority or any limelight. Any ego was squashed by being told over and over that you are on the bottom rung of subjection. And you could not forget that fact, for you were continually reminded at the meetings.

I truly thought I was serving God. That is the only reason that I was willing to go in service over and over to people who looked down on me and did not want to see me. Also, my family was opposed, and this caused much pain.

However, I was in this organization for over thirty years, being baptised as a young adult. I have seen small men with gigantic egos.I have heard talks from elders telling others that they should be pioneers when they weren't, telling others that we should not be materialistic when they had lots of money, saying that we must be at all the meetings when they had jobs that kept them from being regular.

Then there were those who assigned the cleaning, but had "important duties" to attend to so that they could not do the labor themselves. Ususlly this entailed standing around discussing vital "elderspeak." The elder who was instrumental in df'ing my daughter wore a white t shirt to the book study on a Sat. morning because all were to do yard work on our new hall, and were instructed that we could wear work clothing to the study. Of course, after the study was over, he stood around talking for a few minutes, got in his car and left, leaving the rest of us to do the yard work in close to 100 degree Texas heat. What really got me was that at this time my teen daughter was appealing her df'ing and was THERE WITH US PULLING WEEDS IN THE HEAT AFTER HE LEFT!!!!!

Oh, I guess the list could go on. Most of the ones who are truly egotistical are still in. Gotta have regular shots of adulation. Seems the ones who were sincere have since found out obout the egotism and are now posting their stories here.

• Dansk
    Dansk
    I can't speak for others but it was definetely not ego for me.

On the contrary! One doesn't need to have a BIG ego to be controlled by it. We are ALL bound by our egos. Only the great spiritual masters truly got the master of it. Eventually, we will, too.

Ian

• Satanus
    Satanus

For most people in the cult, the ego has been catered to. In fact, any who worship almighty, omniscient, superlative gods cuz they are that are into ego worship. If they worship because of fear of those deity types, then it may be a different motivation. I call the former group 'power worshppers', in that power turns them on, and to the point where they worship it. That is ego religion, pure idolatry. Their god is the biggest idol in the universe.

S

• parakeet
    parakeet

Satanus:
    ***For most people in the cult, the ego has been catered to.***

In fact, JWs is the perfect religion/cult for people with "ego envy."

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit