WTBTS guidance on SMALL social gatherings.

by Gill 69 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Gill
    Gill

The October 15th Watchtower gives advice on social gatherings. Try not to throw up or pee your pants laughing at some of the advice!

What will the Gathering be Like?

'paragraph 5 page 24.

'Many hosts have faced the issue of whether to serve alcoholic beverages. Such are not needed for a gathering to be upbuilding. Recall that Jesus provided a meal for a sizable group that came to him - he multiplied bread and fish. The account does not say that he miraculously provided wine, although we know that he was able to do so. If you decide to serve alcoholic beverages at a gathering, be moderate as to how much there will be, and make sure that there are appealing alternatives for those who prefer them. Definitely refrain from making anoyone feel pressured to drink something that might bite 'just like a serpent.' What about music or singing. If your gathering will include music, no doubt you will carefully select the songs, considering both rhythm and lyrics. Many Christians have found tht playing 'Kingdom Melodies' or even singing such songs together contributes to a good atmosphere. And, of course check on the volume regularly so that the music neither stifles enjoyable conversation nore disturbs any neighbors.

At a social gathering,Christians may talk about various subjects, read some material aloud, or related interesting experiences. If the conversation strays, the host can tactfully redirect it He should be alert that no one person dominates the conversation. If he sees that developing, he can judiciously speak up and provide for vaiety, perhaps drawing out the young ones or introducing a subject that invites varied comments. Both young and old will be delighted with this aspect of the gathering. If as the organizer (or control freak) of theyou guide matters widely and tactfully, your reasonableness will become know to those present. They will sense that yours is a living faith, one that affects all phases of your life.'

Talk about the WTBTS being a control freak organization!!!

Still makes me laugh that they suggest playing kingdom melodies and reading aloud to eachother. I bet you can only read allow WTBTS publications!

• Gill
    Gill

The article also points out :

'Such rejoicing may be at a family meal or at some other small social gathering of true worshippers.'

Seems to me that the WTBTS wants to control its followers down to the last fart!

• Moomin
    Moomin

My goodness! I would love to see those gatherings on film, it would be the most hilarious thing I've ever watched. I could see Ricky Gervais making a program on it.

• looking_glass
    looking_glass
    At a social gathering,Christians may talk about various subjects, read some material aloud, or related interesting experiences. If the conversation strays, the host can tactfully redirect it He should be alert that no one person dominates the conversation. If he sees that developing, he can judiciously speak up and provide for vaiety, perhaps drawing out the young ones or introducing a subject that invites varied comments.

What I find interesting is that clearly this is again the reference to HE. The reason being that a group of single sisters use to get together and study their watchtower w/ each other and their kids (none of the kids are in the religion any more .... and they wonder why) as a way of fun. After a while the elders in the cong. found out about it and put a stop to it because the "sisters were taking the lead in teaching" which is a no-no. Guess what, the sisters went under ground to continue getting together and studying. Over time their kids grew up and left (the religion) home and the women did not seem to be as motivate to study their watchtower.

• Jim_TX
    Jim_TX
    no doubt you will carefully select the songs, considering both rhythm and lyrics.

*looking through stack of CDs*

Nope - can't play this song... it has a C Sharp note in it... someone might get hurt.

tee hee

Regards,

Jim TX

• fullofdoubtnow
    fullofdoubtnow
    At a social gathering,Christians may talk about various subjects, read some material aloud, or related interesting experiences

It sounds like they are trying to turn social gatherings into mini - meetings, with the advice to use kingdumb melodies as well. What next - a 3 part symposium (they did say they don't want one person to do all the talking) and a favourite watchtower study?

Actually, I'm glad to see articles like this appearing now I'm out. They might just make a few more dubs realise how controlled their lives are in the borg, and get them thinking for themselves.

• blondie
    blondie

This is a WTS delusion that any social events are conducted this way...maybe if a GB member is present.

Blondie (50 years experience)

• Jim_TX
    Jim_TX
    Actually, I'm glad to see articles like this appearing now I'm out. They might just make a few more dubs realise how controlled their lives are in the borg, and get them thinking for themselves.

Not really. What you will have are the drones who see this and say something like... "Praise Jah! We finally have guidance on how to have social gatherings!" ...and then try to actually follow these guidelines. *shudder*

Regards,

Jim TX

• MidwichCuckoo
    MidwichCuckoo

If I didn't know any better, I'd think you'd made that up Gill - lol.

Didn't Jesus make an EXCESS of wine for a wedding?

• luna2
    luna2

Hey, yah, lets all get together for a simple meal of hot dogs, popcorn, powdered drink mix and a rousing chorus of Kingdom Melodies. Hey, could we play Bible Trivia or Bible charades later too? Can we, huh? Or...golly, better yet...we could sit in a circle and each tell an upbuilding experience from our morning in field service. I placed a set of magazines...well, I left 'em in a gas station bathroom, but I could tell the angels were watching with approval the whole time. Gosh, is this gonna be FUN!

These guys are idiots.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit