"Mole" Elders

by Alligator Wisdom 15 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• daniel-p
    daniel-p
    The org needs more of him

Yes, especially one for the GB. But in that case, I would prefer a more literal "big stick."

• under_believer
    under_believer

Yeah, seen a lot of those. I used to call them "cleaners". Sometimes you see "cleaner" CO's who shake up a whole circuit and sometimes you just see "cleaner" elders assigned to a specific congregation.

• daniel-p
    daniel-p
    Sometimes you see "cleaner" CO's who shake up a whole circuit

More and more now I am seeing the "slimers" who just slime up everything, while they hold their coat pockets open for those envelopes, smiling but not really smiling.... The "smiling slimers" I call them. (no not really, I just made that up. too much coffee...)

• Forscher
    Forscher

We had one brought in to clean up a mess.
    We had a fellow move into our congregation who I later found out had been removed as an elder from his previous congo. Within a few years he was appointed as an elder and engineered his own little takeover of the congregation. He then proceeded to grind our congo into the dirt. What had once been a fairly thriving congregation, with an attendance of over 200 at the public talk went downhill to the point that there was less than 100% attendance at the public talk.
    Eventually, the congregation grew enough in size through raising kids and baptising them to the bare minimum needed to make two congregations. Said elder made sure that only fellow elders he could easily dominate went into his congregation, and continued to grind it down. Finally, the CO talked one of the most prominent and powerful elders in the circuit into taking the position of PO in that congregation. The guy was well liked by the rank and file and honestly tried to clean the mess up. But, within a year, the elder who was the problem found a way to DF the new PO! And the congregation continued to go downhill.
    Shortly after the original congregation had been split and I found myself assigned to the problem elder's congo despite not being in its territory, I moved out of town! The problem elder has since moved as well, and now some six years since he moved that congregation still hasn't recovered from what he did to them. I recently heard from an elder in the other congo in that town, and is not aware that I've called it quits with the bOrg, that the CO has moved some elders in from several congregations in the circuit to try and fix the mess.
    Forscher

• juni
    juni

No. We didn't have any "moles". Our elder body was very strict and conservative. I guess they must've behaved in a way headquarters approved.

Juni

• SirNose586
    SirNose586

Wow Lady Liberty, what a scandal!

When I joined my current congregation 10 years ago, it was an...interesting place, to say the least. But there was plenty of drama between the big families. It was still fun though, and there were lots of kids my age. Then about six or seven years ago, this ex-bethelite came in and shook things up. I don't know if he was appointed as a "cleaner" by the CO or not, but he went to work. For several months, it seemed like we couldn't go 3 meetings without some young person getting the ax. He's done his job, at least. The families in question have moved out, or only the parents remain. Most of the cool people are gone. Unity is here, but at the expense of the families.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit