Sheep

by lowden 25 Replies latest jw friends

• lowden
    lowden

So there i am yesterday, driving through the lovely English countryside enjoying the rolling green slopes of the hills. Now in my part of the world (Lancashire) there's lots and lots of sheep!! They look lovely mooching around in the grass and moorland totally oblivious to what's going on around them.

Until they stand in the road in the path of your car.......licking the tarmac!!

Why do they do that by the way, lick tarmac (asphalt)?

Now i once killed a sheep totally by accident. It walked out in front of me whilst i was doing 50 mph and wiped out the front of my car, so i know they can be unpredictable.

So you sound your horn as you approach the wooly bouffanted beast....and it just stands there, doesn't move....licks the tarmac. Then you sound your horn AGAIN, twice...it looks up at you with a " Whaaa??" look on it's face and starts licking the tarmac once again.

" Hey DOLLY, what's with the TARMAC?!?"

Now here's what i've been thinking. I think sheep are totally THICK!! In the face of possible vehicular carnage they prefer to lick the road. That's pretty stupid in my world.

Now then.......Jesus used sheep in some of his illustrations. Sheep aren't teachable or meek, they're just THICK!! They just follow the shepherd and don't ask questions. Wooly minions. Makes me wonder why Jesus used it as an illustration.

I don't believe in JC anymore and i whilst i don't want to cast any aspersions on those with a belief system centred on Jesus (i'm not saying all christians are stupid people), it seems to me that until some people start lifting their heads up from licking the TARMAC, their minds will forever ignore the car horn sounding right in front of them.

Peace

Lowden

• jaguarbass
    jaguarbass

Ive heard sheep described by non biblical types as one of the dumbest animals known to man.

• Dismembered
    Dismembered

Greetings lowden,

I'm with you 100%. Sheep are not the kind of animal I try to fashion myself after.They're dumb and have that bovine mentality. Plus I despise what accumulates on their ass. You know those dingleberries. JC could have been a bit more creative.

Dismembered

• lowden
    lowden

Dismembered

LOL at the Dingleberries!!

By far the funniest guy on the forum Dismembered!!

Lowden

• SirNose586
    SirNose586

Helpless...dense...followers, not leaders...every high control group wants sheep. Interesting observation, lowden.

• poppers
    poppers

I guess Jesus never encountered one standing on an ashphalt road while he was driving an SUV, in a hurry to get to the temple so he could do battle with the money changers.

• Dansk
    Dansk

Dismembered:

They're dumb and have that bovine mentality. Plus I despise what accumulates on their ass.

Make your mind up! Are sheep sheep, cattle or donkeys!

Lowdon:

Are you coming to the Aposta Curry? Check the board under 'APOSTA CURRY'

It'd be great to meet you!

Ian

• katiekitten
    katiekitten

Sheep have only 2 purposes in life. To mow fields and to taste delicious.

• lowden
    lowden

Dansk

Aposta Curry?

Aye lad, sounds ok to me. I'll check the thread and post on it or PM ya.

Thanks for the invite.

Tak ska du har ( as they say in Sweden....it's almost Danish)

Peace

Lowden

• Dismembered
    Dismembered

Ian,

Now I'm confused

T/Y lowden

Dismembered

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit