ARREST IN JONBENET RAMSEY CASE!

by BizzyBee 77 Replies latest social current

• BizzyBee
    BizzyBee
    the tens of thousands of children raped and murdered every year.

Ok, Tex. I don't know the stats on this, you could be right.

I think my confusion was "raped and murdered" - perhaps you meant "raped or murdered"?

• BizzyBee
    BizzyBee

I am getting a bad feeling about this guy Karr.......................and not in a good way.

• MinisterAmos
    MinisterAmos
    Maybe I'm misunderstanding your post, but are you saying that bem's figures are overinflated?

Actually I meant poster is correct that tens of thousands of children are raped and murdered annualy just not necessarily in the US.

I don't know the poster and so cannot attest if he/she falls into the myopic masses who feel that the world consists of the US and "Those other people" and consequently only occurances here in the US have any real meaning.

Tens of thousands is well within reason considering that raping then killing virgins is still considered a "treatment" for HIV infection in many parts of Africa.

• Big Tex
    Big Tex
    I think my confusion was "raped and murdered" - perhaps you meant "raped or murdered"?

Well it works either way. bem posted a few stats on just sexual assault (just in the U.S.), and while I admit I have done no research on it, I would guess that the number of murdered children would be proportionally similar. Either way, I do not think the statement is out of line. Still I don't want to bog on numbers as the basic point I was trying to make is of the other underreported children.

But yes MinisterAmos, I was referring to all children, not just American children.

• Rabbit
    Rabbit

Cog, it's cool. I explained what upset me and I can leave it there. I don't stay upset long.

Bem:

And Rooster you absolutley hit the nail on the head "money" draws the news. I am in total agreement with you this childs murder has been in the news for ten years cause it is a sensational story about a beautiful rich girl from a rich family.

Uh, Rabbit... (tastes like chicken)

I wanted to say, I admire people who can work in rape, abuse & suicide crises centers. I know I wouldn't last a week...listening to the horrid real-life experiences of those victims. And the list just grows longer each day. The work is vital & helpful and must be very rewarding, in spite of the stress that goes with it.

Flyin',

Yeah, I know there are exceptions to the 'rich, pretty white girl' thing. To be fair, I have seen poor & minority people over especially the last decade getting more of their due attention when they are attacked and/or murdered. I say, "It's about time!" Remember the 'rich, pretty white girl' that went missing on that Caribbean Island ? Non-stop news coverage, Nightline, personal interviews for months...leaving Wal-Mart I look on their "Have you seen me ?" wall and wonder if that is all these poor people will get ? Is that all my children or grandchildren will get if they were abducted...or worse ? The commoners get squeezed out of media coverage...by big money.

I am glad some of that is changing a little.

I spoke of 'my' experiences and how they color opinions. My dear wife was sexually abused by her father when she was a child. He threatened her to keep her quiet. Her mother found out, then she was threatened. The parents have died now. None of her 5 siblings believe their father ever did anything to her, but, everyone of them have bad relationship problems that can sometimes be traced to past abuse. When they deny any knowledge of the abuse, they have a hard time making eye-contact. My wife believes it happened to several of them and to this day they feel so guilty and ashamed, they cannot admit it. Her youngest sister ran away at a very young age. Why ?

Thinking about this Carr fella...did you read his Resume' where he claims to have private schooled many, many young children in various countries ? His first teaching job, shot up so many Red Flags, he was let go after a few weeks. It's scary to think of just how many young children he has quite literally 'touched' in his short sick life. The news says, he has married 2 teenage girls -- one was 13 years old !

What really scares me ...with the perfect camouflage the WTB&TS gives to it's pedophiles...how many kids are exposed to their 'touch'.

Sick, sick world...

Rabbit

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

I noticed there are two points of view here.

Some feel that the parents inadvertently caused this to happen by entering their child in pageants, etc. Others feel that regardless of whether the child was dressed plainly this would or could have happened anyway.

You are both right, under different circumstances. The unfortunate thing about this case is that the girl was "out there" for the world to see - unlike the average toddler who stays pretty much home. This put her in the visible celebrity category where somebody could fantasize and stalk her. This is not to say that the same could not happen to the average child, it is just less likely. Even if she were not dressed in sexy outfits and wore a little pinafore, some pervert could be turned on just the same. Here you have Visibility. (Now I understand why the Muslims hide their women and girl children - they figure if nobody sees them, nobody will desire them - NOT that I am advocating this - I am just saying that in order to be desired something must be seen first).

The second thing is Access: These people were very social - whether going places or having people at their home. This brought Access into the picture. People knowing their business, when they weren't home, etc., etc. Whether or not the child was pretty or plain, if there is Access, the pervert will find a way.

LHG

• bem
    bem

Bem:

And Rooster you absolutley hit the nail on the head "money" draws the news. I am in total agreement with you this childs murder has been in the news for ten years cause it is a sensational story about a beautiful rich girl from a rich family.

Uh, Rabbit... (tastes like chicken)

Oh dear Mr. Rabbit, My apologies for the name mistake I had bunny ears in mind and not a rooster comb . I was kinda on a soap box. It can be difficult to work as a rape counslor, and as a child advocate it can be draining but the job has rewards that no other job in my life except being a mother has offered. And I agree that father justice maybe vigilantism to some, but it's a pure stop to evil.

I noticed a bit of a report on the alleged suspect says he was corresponding with someone he thought was Mrs. Ramsey via Emails with this report saying it was actually law enforcement, if they are not careful they will jack around and screw this case up even further.

• Rabbit
    Rabbit

Bem,

Roosters, rabbits we're both short, start with 'R' and taste alike...it's an easy mistake. No problem.

This guy deserves to spend the rest of his life in prison for other stuff he's done. I just hope he's the guilty one in the Ramsey case, too. They can stop any future damage he would have done.

LHG,

I think you're right. Neither the parents or the kids are ever at fault when their kids are attacked by others, but, I do think parents can be negligent (not necessarily purposeful) by bringing unwanted attention upon their kids. Having said that, I realize these people will take any slight opportunity to exploit those children.

Rabbit

• cognizant dissident
    cognizant dissident

Rabbit:

I am sorry to hear of the experiences of your wife. Sadly, every family that I have ever gotten close enough to that we would speak of such things, also have one or more of their members who have been affected by child abuse in some way, mine included. Yes, these are all witness families I know of. So no wonder it is an emotional issue for us all. It seems no one in our society is safe. I despair of human nature sometimes.

Cog

ps: hey, I just made senior member! At least it wasn't on a fluff post!

• bem
    bem

Congrats on the senior member status.

One of the reasons I and other posters on this thread and threads pertaining to this issue are because we ourselves were victims of molestation or have had children that have been molested. I have posted this before. for me it was surviving incest until I got old enough to get away from it then spent the first 30 years of my life as a victim, a few survivng, a few of those denying. One of the reasons I am positive about being a child advocate I can relate on so many levels. I would have to say though one of the things I happiest about is that I knew even as a very young child, I would never do to children what had been done to me. Even before I knew it wrong intellectually I knew in my childs brain it was no way to treat a kid.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit