Whole congregation members disfellowshiped?

by Sacchiel 17 Replies latest jw friends

• Sacchiel
    Sacchiel

Has there ever been such a thing where the entire congregation is DF'd?

Sacchiel

• zeroday
    zeroday

I have never heard of an entire congo DF'ed. However, I would not be suprised at how far the Society would go to silence descent. They will cleanse the congo at any expense.

• Elsewhere
    Elsewhere

Since a person is DFed by the local congregation (At the request of the WTS), it would be impossible for an entire congregation to be DFed.

Oh the other hand, I have heard of entire congregations being disbanded by the WTS.

• poodlehead
    poodlehead

The closest thing I ever saw was a mass DFing. There was a witness party that had adults attending and things got out of hand. Three congragations were involved, but kids from all over the area came. From what I heard it was quite a bash. Underage drinking, drugs and sex. The cops came and threaten to arrest people if they didn't leave. It was so overful with witness kids that the whole street was filled. Almost all were disfellowshiped. I would guess 50 or maybe more.

• SirNose586
    SirNose586

50 outed?? That's harsh. Well, at least they can continue the party now! I was about to ask where it happened, but then I saw that you're from cally. Well, wink wink nudge nudge say no more.

• What-A-Coincidence
    What-A-Coincidence

i had heard about that incident in killa cali

West Side!

• aoxo
    aoxo

i've heard of cong. getting shut down from CO's before. well i mean CO's turning them in.

• vitty
    vitty

I have heard of a whole congregation turning "apostate" and the WT handing them over the KH, so as not to have any bad publicity

• Outaservice
    Outaservice

That was in Bonham, Texas. Only, the Society did not hand over the Kingdom Hall, they lost it in a court case with the Elders!

Outaservice

• AuldSoul
    AuldSoul

After Franz left there were whole congregations in the Atlanta, GA area where over half the congregants were disfellowshipped with the rest dispersed to other congregations. One of the elders that was a member of one of the "task forces" (so to speak) the Watchtower Society was sending in is a long-time friend of my family. Judicial Committees do not have to be made up of local congregation elders and the Watchtower Society can appoint anyone as an elder in any congregation anytime they want.

Respectfully,
    AuldSoul

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit