144K. Were they just the really crazy ones?!? How did they get the call?

by Sailor Ripley 21 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Sailor Ripley
    Sailor Ripley

I remember this sister that used to come to the Memorials, not sure where she was the rest of the time, that would partake of the offering. I mean she would take a gulp of the vino and the bread and not one person said a thing.

Did you know of any of these? How did they know they were a part of the Super Friends? Were they ever tested to see if they knew the secret handshake? What if I went to a hall on Memorial just to partake? Would it really freak 'em out? Once they found my "Atheist in Training" card in my wallet I'm sure they would bust me but would they question me? Is that appropriate?

Not to be flippant, well maybe a little I guess, as I would like to know. I attempted to find the answer on watchtower.org but to no avail.

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep

There is a description of getting the calling in this book.

It is a very worthwhile read.

Falling In Truth
    The Education of a Jehovah's Witness
    by Steve McRoberts

http://www.geocities.com/loyal2truth/religion/fundamentalism/watchtower/fit/index.html

• jayhawk1
    jayhawk1

It is too bad we can't all organize and go to the memorial and partake of the emblems. Push that number from 8,000 up to about 20,000. The Society would not know what to think.

• parakeet
    parakeet

There was a sister in our cong who was the meanest gossip, the nosiest snoop, and a few fries short of a Happy Meal to boot. One year, she "partook of the emblems," which caused quite a sensation, since she seemed the least likely candidate to someday sit at the right hand of God. But no one ever voiced any doubts publicly.
    Privately, however, my mother was shocked; it was the closest she ever came to seriously doubting the validity of the JW faith. Unfortunately, she pushed her doubts back into that dark closet in the mind that all JWs have, and she continued on.

• Sailor Ripley
    Sailor Ripley

Thanks for the article. I'll read tomorrow as I'm tired and i want to go to bed. I had a little drink about an hour ago and it went straight to my head.

Maybe we could just plan an Apostate's Ball the same night as the memorial for a certain city near a bunch of us. We could all saunter in, sit on the same pew... or sorry, row and everyone partake. That would throw them for a loop. Of course we would have to have been drinking since about noon that day so that we could... well, so that we could... oh, hell for no reason other than to go in there hammered.

• Mistah MOJO
    Mistah MOJO

This is an excellent idea. Why not do it? Everyone here should go to a KH where they aren't known on The Day and simply partake as the emblems are passed. It isn't against the law. You won't be arrested. Or even assaulted. If enough people did this it might change the idiotic policy of the Towerbots. They might cease having the emblems passed. The emblems only serve to remind the lowly Dubs they're merely of the earthly class anyway. So, perhaps they would switch to merely unveiling the emblems for all to look at, briefly, before they're covered back up. Wouldn't you enjoy knowing you had had a hand in seriously altering Dubjunk? MM (Of the "Let them eat cake!" class)

• KW13
    KW13

i used to wonder how on earth folks decided they were annointed...its pure crazyness!

• heathen
    heathen

Yah they are pretty strange on that one . Personally I don't think women qualify but I do know the usual explanation is they simply feel close to God .Tell them that God performs miracles for you and they think you are demon possesed , Like signs and various things .They would not consider you of the "anointed" anyway unless you were an upstanding dubby in the cong . Make all meetings do field service , in fact the last memorial I attended they got down right insulting over it from the podium . These people are complete retards , there's nothing like somebody that isn't one claiming they know the requirements for being one .

• blondie
    blondie

Actually, if you had been a member of the WTS (Bible Student) between 1879 and up to 1930, most likely everyone in the congregation would have been anointed and partaking at the Memorial. The demographics of the congregations were similar to the ones today, eccentric members would be in the minority. Most of the anointed were no different mentally than the non-anointed JWs today.

Blondie (known quite a few anointed)

• Honesty
    Honesty

I have had the privilege of being shunned in court by one of the Watchtower's 144,000.

It was a wonderful witness for all specators to see for themselves how Christian jw's really are.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit