HELP!!! I am new to this and not quite sure how to get started

by hambeak 14 Replies latest jw friends

• hambeak
    hambeak

I have 2 JW's coming every freaking Saturday to my auto repair shop (going on for about 9 weeks now) trying to get me to come back into the organization. Any suggestions on how to let them down easily? A lot of them are my customers.

• lola28
    lola28

Hi and welcome to JWD.

I hate to suggest this b/c so many really do suffer from it but well here it goes, you can always claim to be depressed, JWs don't know how to deal with things like that and it takes them away from their comfort zone, just a suggestion tho.

Lola

• hambeak
    hambeak

Thanks I think I'll try that maybe tell them I' gay?

• KW13
    KW13

no lol, dont say your gay

• fullofdoubtnow
    fullofdoubtnow

Hi hambeak, and welcome to the board.

I agree with lola, if you tell them you are sufferring from depression, they will more than likely leave you alone. A lot of dubs do suffer from that anyway, so they'd probably be fairly sympathetic,

• MsMcDucket
    MsMcDucket

You're going to have to tell them that you don't like to be bothered when you're at work. Tell them that you don't have any time for socializing. You can kind of start off with, I hope this doesn't offend you, but this is my job . . .I hope that you will respect my wishes.

If that doesn't work, run and hide in your office and have your clerk tell them that you out on an errand. If that doesn't work, put up a sign that says "no solicitors" and that "they'll be fined for trespassing".

You could put up a sign that says "NO RELIGIOUS SOLICITORS, ESP. NO JW'S".

• dobbie
    dobbie

Hi hambeak depressed thing good idea but MAY backfire on you if you try it - will probably try to place the 'comfort for the depressed' tract on you, which will mean another return visit! I think some jws actually like people to be depressed cos they think it will make them more likely to listen to their 'good news' i know i was on antidepressents when i started studying - They dug out all sorts of awake articles on the subject.Hope you can sort it out there's nothing worse than feeling they're hounding you - i've left the answerphone phone on all day just in case they ring me up!

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

Hambeak

I have removed your duplicate thread and will post the only response here for you.

Lady LibertyRe: HELP!!! I am new to this and not quite sure how to get started

Post 620 of 621
    since 17-Mar-06

Dear Hambeak,

Welcome! We are glad to have you here! I am not sure how you get rid of them. Perhaps you could say when they come next, that "maybe you all could stop by the house instead of the shop". If you tell them not to come at all they won't like that, so if you give them an alternative, you may not end up making them mad. It is a hard call, especially if you are not prepared to be totally cut off.

Sincerely,

Lady Liberty

Welcome to the forum

• serendipity
    serendipity

Welcome hambeak!

If you are not df'd or have not da'd & tell them you're gay, you will be df'd. AS far as how to deal with them, it depends on the outcome you want. It sounds like you don't want to lose their business. You should probably just tell them you are too busy to speak to them.

• Twitch
    Twitch

Welcome

just starting is the main thing.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit