The Jesus Papers

by Alpheta 17 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Leolaia
    Leolaia

badboy...It's been quite a while since I looked at that book, but if you're right, than Baigent is 0-3 with respect to forgeries...

• Ade
    Ade

if its really a recipe for chili sauce, please have him post it to me ( at least i can stop pickling my chili crops then ) . these people are whacked , although some say we are for reading the bible

• Alpheta
    Alpheta

Satanus, BAR is a controversial magazine; people either seem to love it or hate it, with few people staking out a middle position. I like it because it keeps me up to date on biblical arch. controversies and what's going on in holy land archaeology. My interest is more by way of a general one in history, not in whether archaeology can be used to "prove" or "disprove" biblical accounts. I do give Herschel Shenks credit for creating a "lively" forum; in contrast, the AIA's publication is just plain boring!

• moshe
    moshe

Personally, I think Jesus was illiterate and not a very skillful carpenter who found an easier way of making a living.

• Mistah MOJO
    Mistah MOJO

From personal experience, because I hobnob with some rich people who are into collecting art and other antiquities, I am amazed at what is floating around out there. I have held in my hand the actual ancient codex of a gospel that will never see the light of day. The owner is a devout Roman Catholic who bought it just so it would remain forever hidden away. It will be bequeathed to a specific department of the Vatican upon his death. This is no fraud. It's been carbon 14 dated as well as dated by non-destructive methods such as orthography and microscopic examination of the vellum and leather. Its the real deal. No, I have no clue as to why this gentleman wishes it to remain forever unknown. MM

• badboy
    badboy

JESUS COULDN'T HAVE WRITTEN IT BECAUSE HE HAD BEEN CRUCIFIED THE PREVIOUS YEAR!

• moshe
    moshe

The Gospel of Thomas is very close to the real Jesus and his original "sayings" before the Gospel writer spinmeisters got involved. The original words of Jesus neded to be "dressed up" to appeal better to the gentile masses and so that is what happened. The Jewish crowd never really bought into the "Jesus is the Messiah" preaching. Now, the newly translated Gospel of Judas adds even more humanity to the person of Jesus. I have always believed that the Vatican basement contains some documents that would cause a crisis in the Christian faith and belief system. They will never see the light of day.

• badboy
    badboy

His former collegue(Henry Lincoln) its seems has written a book with two faked pictures in it!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit