What do you like to read?

by JH 34 Replies latest jw friends

• JH
    JH

I must still be programmed to think like a JW, cause I like to read articles about how bad things are going in the world.

The worse the world conditions become, the more I love to read.

• thepackage
    thepackage

The Plain Truth (Ha Ha Ha). Anything by Greg Stafford

• whyamihere
    whyamihere

I like to read odd/useless information. Although, the JW publications I couldn't stand, since it was all useless....lol

I can't read anything involving numbers late in the day - I'll just keep adding and subtracting them to find a common number, or make words out of the numbers by order they are in the alphabet. *sigh* It gives me migraines too.

Yes, I know, I am weird.

• serendipity
    serendipity

I like to read almost anything but my favorite reads are business and investing books, health, travel-related stuff and self-help/positive thinking stuff.

• earthtone
    earthtone

Romance novels and erotica (nothing too hardcore)

• Mulan
    Mulan

Daniel Silva books...............really good series about a Massad member, who is also an art restorer as his cover.

• katiekitten
    katiekitten

Modern classics.

Salman Rushdie.

Science Fiction.

• Arthur
    Arthur

Scientific American Magazine, and any books by Michael Shermer or Dr. David R. Hawkins.

Oh, and of course, fortune cookies.

• BizzyBee
    BizzyBee

Good novels - on a Southern (US) kick right now - Cold Sassy Tree, The Secret Life of Bees and Midwives. Just finished TRUE STORY, about the Christian Longo murders - started a thread about it here which died a death - old news, I guess. Lotta grief books now, too.

• cognizant dissident
    cognizant dissident

Right now I am reading History of the World which is a compilation of many different historians who each have an expertise in a different area of civilization. So far, I've found lots of discrepancies in dates historians give for beginning of Nebuchadnezzar's reign, destruct of Jerusalem, birth of Christ, etc. Its a great way to get conversations started with my husband about the society's chronologies without asking him to look at any "apostate" writings. Although, he does have a remarkable ability to dismiss all the learned historians of the world without actually reading or researching what they claim with a simple "they must be wrong!"

Cog

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit