Flying under radar

by Alligator Wisdom 8 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Alligator Wisdom
    Alligator Wisdom

How do you do it?

For those who are still "active" yet don't profess that the WTS is God's organization, how do you do it? Do you expect to be in much longer? Will you stay in?

I know that there are many here who are already out and I understand why. But there must be a handful of those on this board that are still "active" and are keeping ties in one way or another with the WTS although their feelings about the organization has changed. I'm looking for their response as I too am flying under radar.

Alligator Wisdom (aka Brother Not Exerting Vigorously)

• AuldSoul
    AuldSoul

There are a lot here doing this. Some that leap to mind are stillajwexelder, sir82, The Shadow, and blondie. Plus there are posters who've faded out utterly but who keep up outward appearances of JW leanings due to proximity of JW family members. No matter how long a fader is out they always have a risk of being disfellowshipped or announced as disassociated if the seek to follow their hearts.

Venting helps. A lot.

Respectfully,
    AuldSoul

• Alligator Wisdom
    Alligator Wisdom

Thanks Auldsoul for your reply. I knew that you and Blondie are in somewhat of the same circumstances that I'm in. (BTW, your post and comments in line with the Bible Teach book was excellent. I made notations from your post into the book.)

I was only wondering if it was inevitable that I would leave the WTS permanently. But I suppose that I only can make that choice. I doesn't make me feel alone, though, when I see/hear/read all of the comments of ones that are in the predicament as I.

Sorry to everyone if I posted this topic under the wrong "subject matter" (Beliefs, Doctrines and Practices).

Alligator Wisdom (aka Brother Not Exerting Vigorously)

• Highlander
    Highlander

Read my profile info and it'll give you an idea of my situation. As mentioned above, there are some here, such as sir82, that still serve as an elder yet don't believe for a second

that they have the truth. I give lots of credit and empathy to those that want out but are not in a position to make the leap as of yet.

• Johnny
    Johnny

There IS strength in numbers. I would say that if you are planning on leaving, and you know of others who are too. Do it together! It will make others THINK!

• itsallgoodnow
    itsallgoodnow

I'm still "in". My fade started 3 years ago. I started to attend fewer meetings and now, only go to about 2 or 3 meetings per month. I've missed CO visits entirely and even some assemblies and the last convention. I was reporting time, but not doing anything actually. I haven't reported time in a while but nobody has told me I'm officially "inactive".

I started by missing a few meetings here and there, then increased it to where I was only going sundays. At around that time, I switched congregations. I don't know many people at the new one and I sort of think that helps. Now I can miss most meetings and nobody really knows about it.

It's gotten easier in some ways (the guilt trips from family for missing meetings have gotten easier to deal with, although they are extremely frustrated and sometimes lash out about it) and harder in other ways (it's increasingly hard to keep my mouth shut about what I really think).

I'm not sure if doing it this way is going to be a good thing or not. I'm so ready to be finished with them, but certain things hold me back from it. I hope this doesn't drag out for years. Or if it ends badly anyway, I hope that I won't regret having done it this way.

I don't think I would have helped anyone by leaving earlier, though. I think most witnesses just need to figure this stuff out for themselves. They are too delusional to listen to someone like me.

I also think I set a positive example in the congregation for half-assedness and apathy. I don't care if certain people shun me for being "weak". My message is loud and clear -- you DON'T have to go to all of the meetings. I think the JWs need more half assed people like me around to help them understand they don't need to worship the trash that comes down from Brooklyn. I would like to see my attitude become the norm. Obviously I am not the only person missing lots of meetings, so maybe I have helped people already and I don't even know it.

• MinisterAmos
    MinisterAmos

Just try to keep from bursting out laughing at the really ridiculous remarks and you do just fine.

I'm not in, I'm a farking sabeteur. I'm taking that whole thing down with me.

• looking_glass
    looking_glass

I faded years ago. My mother did catch me though when they stopped shipping out the magz and she asked me how I got them and I said the "usual way" and she called me on it. We had a long discussion and at the time I was indifferent (which is what I am pretty much now as well) and we decided to just let it go, "don't ask don't tell". She has her moments, but for the most part she leaves me alone. But I will tell you my secret to when she gets too preachy about something that is going on in the world .... I set the phone down and do something, or turn the t.v. on and put the closed captioning on and read what the t.v. says and tune her out. She has never figured out that I am doing that. This way I don't have to listen and get angry and say something and she is able to get whatever it is off her chest.

• Warlock
    Warlock

I'm still around because of my wife. She will never leave. If I wasn't married, I would have been gone.

I haven't been to a meeting for about 3 or 4 months. It's fine until she starts trying to "encourage" me with experiences she has been told, by friends she has that are still active.

I suppose someday there will be "a moment of truth", but I'll deal with it then.

Warlock

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit