Please take a moment to read my daughters story.

by Racheljr 14 Replies latest watchtower child-abuse

• zeb
    zeb

The Zeb medal for bravery in the face of rampant hostility goes to...Rachel and Courtney.

The offender and cheer squad deserve a 7.62

• kjg132
    kjg132
    Sending my Love and support for you and your daughter, Courtney, I hope you are able to find health and healing. I am so sorry that you did not receive the support from your family that you so very much deserved.
  • MissFit
    MissFit

My heart goes out to you and especially your daughter.

I think it is important for more people to see how badly most JW congergations treat victims who come forward.

The leadership says publicly that they dont discourage victims reporting to the authorities. But in practice we see the treatment the victims get when they do.

Your daughter's courage is an inspiration.

• Marvin Shilmer
    Marvin Shilmer

Dear Rachel,,

Reading your and Courtney's experience brought tears to my eyes. Thanks for sharing, and I'm so glad for Courtney that she found a time and means to deal with what was done to her, at least to the extent it's possible to do so.

These incidents remind me of all the times as JWs we were told how one signal of "the last days" was the presence of "no natural affection". It turns out the very religion harping about "no natural affection" as a sign of "the end" has twisted the whole concept of "natural affection" onto its head by failing to out-pour affection that should come naturally to a person victimized as was your child.

Then I'm reminded of another biblical text talking about how God had given up individuals to a disapproved mental state. These very individuals are said to have "no natural affection". The mental disease is among those who have lost their natural ability to recognize who needs their affection and to share it accordingly.

Who lacks "natural affection" is plainly evident in the experience of you and Courtney. It's just such a shame that so many have been led to think and act like this. Such a shame.

Thanks for sharing this!

• Vidiot
    Vidiot

MissFit - "The leadership says publicly that they don't discourage victims reporting to the authorities. But in practice we see the treatment the victims get when they do."

The unwritten-but-nevertheless-enforced policies and traditions of JWs could fill volumes...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit