Repartee for "Jehovah Will Take Care of It"

by Inquisitor 10 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Inquisitor
    Inquisitor

I really hate it when my folks use the line: "Leave it to Jehovah. He will take care of (insert organizational failure here). We just do our part." They know their pacifism is a gamble for it would mean allowing an obvious wrong to perpetuate in the cong. But they choose to do nothing for they were programmed that way.

Have any of you used a great come-back line when you heard this annoying clone-speak? Do share.

INQ

• BizzyBee
    BizzyBee

Then why do we have judicial committees and disfellowshipping?

What is the criteria for 'waiting on Jehovah' vs 'keeping the congos clean'?

It appears to cut along the line of the heirarchy. The GB are 'just imperfect men' but the rank and file have to be 'disciplined'.

Good question, Inquisitor.

• stillconcerned
    stillconcerned

I like to say "Jehovah is bringing it out" in the context of abuse litigation...

Just kinda makes me happy to reverse the rhetoric...

• TD
    TD

For JW's, the short answer is, "Jehovah does not force any person or orgnaization to behave."

More than likely this will only produce a blank look from the average JW and will need some explaining.

You could point out: "You would not accept that excuse if it came from a member of the Catholic faith! Why should I accept it from you?"

If they still don't get it, you could explain:

JW's believe that the "rebellion in Eden" raised a basic question as to whether or not his creation would serve him willingly or not. So that this issue may be fully settled, they believe that God severly limits his intervention in human affairs. They believe this answers basic questions, like why we suffer and die, and why there are so many religions today.

Therefore, if a member of the Catholic faith, etc. were to say, "I know there are faults in my religion and its leaders have made mistakes, but I believe that God will take care of things" a JW would not accept this statement. Although a JW might acknowledge as an abstract possibility the idea that God could "reform" the Catholic church if He wanted to, they don't believe that God exerts this level of control in human affairs as this would violate their concept of the "Universal Issue" that is still being settled. --God does not force any person or organization to behave.

• IP_SEC
    IP_SEC

What if we had just let Joehovah take care of the Nazis?

The Izunrealites didnt let Joehovah just take care of murdering the Caananites

What if Phinieas had the attitude of "I'll just wait on Joehovah to take care of it"? If he'd done that the whole damn nation would have been destroyed by Joeho.

Joehovah was going to kill Moses cuz his son wasnt circumsized. Moses wife took matters in to her own hands and cut the boy's tally whacker plumb off.

• A Paduan
    A Paduan

Wait on Jehovah = that's where our doctrines seem to come to a cliff edge

Wait on Jehovah = it would seem we will be shown up as wrong or sinful if we explore that any further

Wait on Jehovah = that person is too wealthy, powerful, well known or otherwise important to strongly discipline

Wait on Jehovah = he's our friend because he obeys and supports the content of our minds, so we won't discipline him

Wait on Jehovah = it appears that to help them would require money or effort with no evident return

Wait on Jehovah = I'm too busy now

Wait on Jehovah = if we helped you we would be exposed to potential loss

Wait on Jehovah = if you don't agree with us we don't think you deserve our help

Wait on Jehovah = we need to save face, so we will marginalise all mention of that

Wait on Jehovah = looks like I've been wrong but I'll continue because I've already invested so much in this deal

• moshe
    moshe

Jehovah doesn't care what those old farts in Brooklyn,do or don't do. I knew something was amiss when I got appointed an Elder. I always figured it couldn't happen ,because Jehovah sees all, knows all and I knew I had a second, hidden life that would have gotten me disfellowshipped, if it ever came out. Looks like the Circuit Overseer was blind, too. All he saw was my publisher record card and my teaching ability. And boy could I throw out an entertaining one hour public talk- 5 minutes notice?- no problemo. I played the Elder game for two years and then even I got bored with it. If I had been in a big city Cong. with a lot more sin and sisters to counsel about their oral sex hangups, I might have hung in a little longer.

The fact that all the original annointed remant, save maybe one or two demented souls in nursing homes, are DEAD says someting about waiting on Jehovah-

peace,

Moshe

• Wasanelder Once
    Wasanelder Once

Since a day to Jehovah is like a thousand years to us, we wont see this (insert injustice) taken care of in our lifetime. That means there will be no relief for us.

What good is waiting? Let's just deal with it.

W.Once

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free

The watchtower condemns other religions as being controlled by Satan, but when the watchtower makes the same mistakes they say "Jehovah Will Take Care of It in his own time". If the "Jehovah Will Take Care of It" principle is valid then it should have been applied to other religions as well.

W

• Nina
    Nina
    "Leave it to Jehovah. He will take care of (insert organizational failure here). We just do our part."

My response was "How do you know he isn't using me to bring this to your attention?"

Elder's response: "Jehovah has NEVER used a woman to work changes in His organization."

*sigh*

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit