Would You Stop Going To Mel Gibson Movies???

by minimus 60 Replies latest jw friends

• NewYork44M
    NewYork44M

I am not a big Mel Gibson fan. In addition, I rarely spend money at movies. If I said that I would never see another Mel movie I doubt that the world would be much different than it is right now.

• james_woods
    james_woods

It would depend entirely on the movie.

However, in my opinion, that weird thing he did called "Signs" went way past the stupid.

Aliens travel across the universe with no navigation problems at all. When they get here, how do they navigate and communicate? Crop Circles!

These aliens are deadly allergic to ordinary tap water. However, when they get here, what are they doing? Kidnapping people to eat for food! Yes, that's right, folks, the same people whose bodies are made of about 90+ % water...

All Mel's friends seem to be out in the country, but nobody seems to have a gun. However, a louiseville slugger can be used to pound the holy hell out of them. So long as you hold the label up, duh?

Finally, Mel loses his faith in God because his wife gets hit by a truck. However, he gets it back because the aliens come and they don't quite get his boy. Half the county, and a good part of Earth's population, but not his boy.

Perfect logic, eh? Well, he was supposed to be a preacher...

James

• itsallgoodnow
    itsallgoodnow

I hated "signs" too. I lost a little respect for M Night Shamalayan for that one.

• undercover
    undercover

I don't boycott or endorse movies based on who's in them, directs them or produces them. I go to whatever I think will entertain me. That's what I'm paying for...entertainment.

I can't always know what the politics or viewpoints are of everyone involved and frankly my dear I don't give a damn ().

Tom Cruise has been mentioned a couple of times. I think he's wacky with this Scientology stuff. But I enjoyed WotW and Collateral, the two last movies I saw him in. I'm glad I didn't stay away from them just because he's a cult member and shoots off from the mouth.

For the most part, I tend to ignore all the Hollywood hype about who's dating, who was seen where and who said what. I just want to see the movies and enjoy them. I don't care that JLo and Ben broke up and that Brad and Angelina are adopting kids. Just make a good movie and play a cool character in it is all I ask.

• XJW4EVR
    XJW4EVR

Collateral was a good movie. The Last Samuri was Cruise's best role and best movie. Too bad it got shafted.

• ronin1
  • ronin1
    ronin1

No.

He obviously needs help with his alcohol problem. But I like his movies.

Ronin1

• bikerchic
    bikerchic

Here, here BigTex!

Why are people getting so worked over some actor getting drunk and throwing out racial epithets? Who cares what any actor says or does? When I go to see a movie I'm interested in the plot and the performances. I'm as interested in these people as they are in me.

'nuff said.

• Auchmull
    Auchmull
    Why do the Jews think they are so special anyway?

God's chosen people and all.

dumbass.

• free2beme
    free2beme

I go to a movie for the story and not the actor. So if Mel Gibson is in a movie that sounds like a story I would like to see, I will go see it. Plus, I don't like the personal life of a lot of actors and yet I like their acting.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit