10 reasons why we should embrace our muslim friends

by Pleasuredome 29 Replies latest jw friends

• lovelylil
    lovelylil

James,

you make some good points. All religious systems feel that their way is the only right way and that they alone are accepted, blessed or special in God's eyes. Yes, some actively kill those who disagree with them but there is a fine line between those radical groups and all religious institution groupies.

I fell for the same thing myself (idolizing a religion) not only as a JW but in other groups as well. Since cutting off all contact with man-made religions and after much deep contemplation, I realize the folly of the whole thing. Religious systems that is.

They do accomplish some good but they also by their very nature seperate people and breed hate, fear and intolerance of others who disagree with their views. I will never again join any of them.

• james_woods
    james_woods

Join any other religion again? Me neither Lil !!!

You know, it is not that far a leap from the JW fanatacism than to that of the Jihad nutbars...

JW - our God is coming in a few weeks or months to destroy everybody on earth but us and then the birds will pick your bones.

Jihadist - our God hates everybody on earth but us, but we don't quite trust him to take care of things in a reasonable time. Therefore, I am going to blow myself up in a marketplace in TelAviv along with many infidels and the birds will then pick their infidel bones. They may pick my bones too, but that was only my earthly body. My essence will travel to the heavens and be with 70 virgins there.

Jihadist may be a little more direct about things, but the root cause of hate for everybody except your own sect is still the same.

Even the most "tolerant" ones, say the Buddhists, don't really want you to think for yourself on most religious matters.

James

• lovelylil
    lovelylil

Again, you are so right James, Lil

• bigmouth
    bigmouth

'You know, it is not that far a leap from the JW fanatacism than to that of the Jihad nutbars...'
    James, this very thing comes to mind whenever I see the wild eyed stare of a radical Muslim. The JW's can cause death without resorting to violence. How clever is that!?

By the way, now I'm a Muslim Barry, where's my virgins???

• Robdar
    Robdar

LovelyLil:

ALL man-made religious institutions are corrupt and teach hate and superiority

Judging by the comments made to this thread, I'd say that the flock has learned the lesson well. Barry: Where civilized and would never use that n word. Personally I dont beleive in Allah the pagan moon god. &

XJW4EVR

Outside of myself, I have never seen anyone else make this statement of fact. Good show, Barry. Allah, is not the God of the Jews or the Christians.

http://www.britannica.com/eb/article-9005770

Allah:

(Arabic: “God”), the one and only God in the religion of Islam. Etymologically, the name Allah is probably a contraction of the Arabic al-Ilah, “the God.” The name's origin can be traced back to the earliest Semitic writings in which the word for god was Il or El, the latter being an Old Testament synonym for Yahweh. Allah is the standard Arabic word for “God” and is used by Arab Christians…

• barry
    barry

Robdar I know youre heart is in the right place so excuse me if Im a bit too flippant about all of this.

If you go back far enough Allah was the Arabic moon god.

Is Allah downsizing Jihadists once got 72 virgins and some little boys thrown in for good measure .

• dvw
    dvw

as for the 10 reasons to embrace them.... each time the word "muslim" appears in the list, replace it with the words "charlie manson" or "pedophiles" or "jehovah's witnesses". it makes about as much sense.

• Merry Magdalene
    Merry Magdalene

MISCONCEPTION #1: Muslims are violent, terrorists and/or extremists.

This is the biggest misconception in Islam, no doubt resulting from the constant stereotyping and bashing the media gives Islam. When a gunman attacks a mosque in the name of Judaism, a Catholic IRguerrilla sets off a bomb in an urban area, or Serbian Orthodox militiamen rape and kill innocent Muslim civilians, these acts are not used to stereotype an entire faith. Never are these acts attributed to the religion of the perpetrators. Yet how many times have we heard the words 'Islamic, Muslim fundamentalist. etc.' linked with violence.

Politics in so called "Muslim countries" may or may not have any Islamic basis. Often dictators and politicians will use the name of Islam for their own purposes. One should remember to go to the source of Islam and separate what the true religion of Islam says from what is portrayed in the media. Islam literally means 'submission to God' and is derived from a root word meaning 'peace'.

Islam may seem exotic or even extreme in the modern world. Perhaps this is because religion doesn't dominate everyday life in the West, whereas Islam is considered a 'way of life' for Muslims and they make no division between secular and sacred in their lives. Like Christianity, Islam permits fighting in self-defense, in defense of religion, or on the part of those who have been expelled forcibly from their homes. It lays down strict rules of combat which include prohibitions against harming civilians and against destroying crops, trees and livestock.

NOWHERE DOES ISLAM ENJOIN THE KILLING OF INNOCENTS..

The Quran says: "Fight in the cause of God against those who fight you, but do not transgress limits. God does not love transgressors." (Quran 2:190) "If they seek peace, then seek you peace. And trust in God for He is the One that heareth and knoweth all things." (Quran 8:61) War, therefore, is the last resort, and is subject to the rigorous conditions laid down by the sacred law. The term 'jihad' literally means 'struggle'. Muslims believe that there are two kinds of jihad. The other 'jihad' is the inner struggle of the soul which everyone wages against egotistic desires for the sake of attaining inner peace. --http://www.beautifulislam.net/intro/misconceptions_islam.htm

• barry
    barry

If you are right about this Merry the Muslims have a lot of PR work to do in the future.

I would advise you to consider the implications of sharia law if you were living in an Islamic country especially if you arent a muslim.

• Robdar
    Robdar

Barry:

Robdar I know youre heart is in the right place so excuse me if Im a bit too flippant about all of this. If you go back far enough Allah was the Arabic moon god.

Thank you Barry. I know that your heart is in the right place too.

Perhaps Allah was the Arabic moon god. Perhaps Yahweh was the Hebrew moon god. Why do you think that the first full moon after the spring equinox (Nisan 14) was so important to the Israelites?
    Allah & Yahweh are the same gods. Arabs are Semites and descendants of Abraham, tracing their lineage through Ishmael, son of Hagaar. If you believe the OT, God told Abraham that he would bless the earth through his children. Even in the Christian Bible, God didn't say that He would bless only Isaac and his offspring. I really believe that Christians should consider that very carefully.
    Genesis 12

1 The LORD had said to Abram, "Leave your country, your people and your father's household and go to the land I will show you.

2 "I will make you into a great nation

and I will bless you;

I will make your name great,

and you will be a blessing.

3 I will bless those who bless you,

and whoever curses you I will curse;

and all peoples on earth

will be blessed through you."

Geneis 17

7 I will establish my covenant as an everlasting covenant between me and you and your descendants after you for the generations to come, to be your God and the God of your descendants after you. 8 The whole land of Canaan, where you are now an alien, I will give as an everlasting possession to you and your descendants after you; and I will be their God."

9 Then God said to Abraham, "As for you, you must keep my covenant, you and your descendants after you for the generations to come. 10 This is my covenant with you and your descendants after you, the covenant you are to keep: Every male among you shall be circumcised. 11 You are to undergo circumcision, and it will be the sign of the covenant between me and you. 12 For the generations to come every male among you who is eight days old must be circumcised, including those born in your household or bought with money from a foreigner—those who are not your offspring. 13 Whether born in your household or bought with your money, they must be circumcised. My covenant in your flesh is to be an everlasting covenant. 14 Any uncircumcised male, who has not been circumcised in the flesh, will be cut off from his people; he has broken my covenant."

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit