I'd like to introduce myself

by Alpheta 40 Replies latest jw friends

• Alpheta
    Alpheta

Hi All,

I'm "Alpheta". I've been reading here for the past few weeks, but have visited from time to time over several years.

Short history, I started studying in 1993, was baptised in 1996, and succinctly and with much planning disassociated myself in October, 2003.

I don't believe I have any lasting psychological damage or issues, but I was curious about the state of the WTBTS (or whatever they go by these days), and I found your site and a lot of information that, I have to say, I found shocking at first like - oh my goddess, they really did that? - kind of thing.

Anyway, nice to have read your posts and I really enjoy the sense of community here. I went back to "1" and have scrolled through topics, stopping to read wherever my attention is caught. I think I got up to around 14, but have also been reading more current posts since about mid-July this year.

Keep the faith, but not the dreck. Love to all.

Alpheta

• jayhawk1
    jayhawk1

Welcome aboard!

• lovelylil
    lovelylil

Welcome Alpheta! Glad to have you here, so glad you stopped to say hello. Lilly

• JamesThomas
    JamesThomas

Welcome, Alpheta.

Glad you joined us.

j

• Thegoodgirl
    Thegoodgirl

Hello, welcome Alphetta

TheGoodGirl

• frozen one
    frozen one

Welcome Alphetta. Nice to meet you.

• jgnat
    jgnat

Oh my goodness, I wonder what it would be like to review the topics from the beginning! That is loads of reading, kind of like skimming Tolstoy. I kind of jumped in and just kept swimming.

Welcome, Alpheta.

• SirNose586
    SirNose586

Enjoy yourself here, Alpheta!

• earthtone
    earthtone

I tried to read from the beginning, but there is just way too much stuff. Let me know if you see something really good, that a newbie like me wouldn't mind reading or might find of interest.

• codeblue
    codeblue

Welcome

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit