Coffee time with the dubs - Where did you go?

by truthseeker 30 Replies latest jw friends

• TMS
    TMS

A Little Rock Mexican restaurant ran a lunch coupon in the Arkansas Gazette for a $1.99 lunch special. We pioneers would hit the place about 11.00 am with our clipped coupons. We would order the lunch special and water. About 45 minutes later we would find a quick return visit to "round out our time" for the morning.

tms

ps. I think we all ate $1.99 worth of chips and salsa before the lunch specials were served.

• oldflame
    oldflame

Dunkin Donuts where else is there ? For a dub that is....

• Toronto_Guy
    Toronto_Guy

Tim Hortons!!!

• saki2fifty
    saki2fifty
    Re: Coffee time with the dubs - Where did you go?

Whats a "dub"? or "jdub"?

• Jim_TX
    Jim_TX

Well... at one particular time, I remember going out - and everyone would 'meet' at a certain Whataburger (a local Texas burger joint).
    It was funny, too. The particular Whataburger was a small one. Folks had to bump elbows getting around in it.
    If there were any non-JWs there - they would sometimes get annoyed with the influx of the JWs. It was almost like a mini-meeting of sorts.
    Anyway, that Whataburger remodeled, and grew larger. It _still_ got filled up on Saturday and Sunday mornings. It grew once again - before everyone mysteriously quit going there.
    There is a Sonic on that spot. The Whataburger went out of business.
    Regards,

Jim TX

• delilah
    delilah

Yup, it was Tim Horton's....where else? UNLESS, of course we were in the country, then any mom and pop restaurant would do, but only for a quick coffee and muffin. Not lunch.

• Jim_TX
    Jim_TX

There was another time... when I was younger - a teenager - and my mom allowed them to have the 'Sunday meeting for field service' at her home.

There was a nice fella, who was the one to show up to 'do-the-do' for conducting the necessary stuff... text, prayer, etc.

Anyway, he would get everyone organized into car groups, and get them working - door-knocking - and the two of us would drive over to a local restaurant whee he would get breakfast and coffee... and I'd get a soda.

We'd sit there for about 30 minutes or more... he'd look at his watch and see the time - and we'd then go back into the territory - where everyone would be finishing up.

Guess what? It was time for 'break', and we'd go to get the usual coffee and sodas... with no one the wiser.

I'm thinking that he didn't like going door-knocking - and found himself a nice little 'loop-hole' in the arrangement.

Regards,

Jim TX

• Legolas
    Legolas

Tim Horton's!

• JWdaughter
    JWdaughter

Dub as in W-Witness. JW-Jehovah's Witness. Slang for non dubs. Or ex. dubs. The 'Borg' is the Organization-with particular meaning to Star Trek geeks and those married to them.

• mama1119
    mama1119

Granny's Pantry (one time a "sister" found a huge spider in the bottom of her coffee cup) and Rustlers Roost ( they had a huge outbrake of food poisoning so we only went there a few times until then) and this horrible gross coffe stand that was in the barking lot of a skanky bar located in a town of about 300. I stopped going out in service before there were Starbucks in our area

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit