The call came around 8 pm last night

by Cabin in the woods 36 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• Cabin in the woods
    Cabin in the woods

and I immediately recognized the name and the number!

I called out to my soon to be ex, who now lives in different part of the house and told him to pick up the phone as it was HIS call.

The sister and brother in law had just landed home from the district convention!! God help us one and all !!! Well, she gets her brother on the line and informs him that the announcement was made that this system is down to the last hours. Now how the H@%$ do they figure that

Isnt that exciting?? In other words hurry back to the kingdom hall so that you wont die a cruel death like everyone else around here. Ack, Ack!! Lord that woman annoys me.

THe worst part is she does it in the most syrupy sweet voice.

cabs

• Seeker4
    Seeker4

CITW:

That's interesting. Should have asked them how many hours. That should mean in the next day or two at the least, or perhaps a month at the most. You should call them in a couple of weeks and ask, "What happened? I thought we were in the last hours of this system?"

Hell, tell them that you know a brother who heard 20 years ago that we were in the last minutes of this old system!! How come they're stretching it out so far now!! And that might have been the last seconds that we were told. Sooooo pathetic.

S4 - fellow Vermonter

• skeeter1
    skeeter1

Did you just see CNN? Jerry Fallwell is also calling out that this might be the Big A. At least he said that he did not know when it would occur, and that he thought all should live not only as if it's the last day, but also live for the future. Seems the entire Christian Right is in an uproar.

Skeeter

• Wasanelder Once
    Wasanelder Once

Remember, a creative day is some 7,000 years long. That would make each hour 292 years long. If we are in the final hours of the time of the end it could be 292 years before the end since thats the length of one hour.

Hang on, its close!

W.Once

• TopHat
    TopHat

Doesn't the scriptures tell us that the big A will come like a thief in the night...in other words...it will take us all by surprise? My conclusion is if they expect the big A is just around the corner...then it must not be!

• skeeter1
    skeeter1

We are not close in time to the Big A. Wasn't God's word to have been preached around the world? China, North Korea, Saudi, ......have not been "door to door"'d yet. But, I'm sure my street has been done 1,000 times!

Skeeter

• SirNose586
    SirNose586
    The sister and brother in law had just landed home from the district convention!! God help us one and all !!! Well, she gets her brother on the line and informs him that the announcement was made that this system is down to the last hours. Now how the H@%$ do they figure that

I know what you're talking about. My p.o. says the same thing every so often to keep everybody talking about it in hushed tones.

• GoingGoingGone
    GoingGoingGone
    Did you just see CNN? Jerry Fallwell is also calling out that this might be the Big A.

Maybe he was at the District Convention!

GGG

• Spectre
    Spectre

Tick-tock, tick tock!

• Ticker
    Ticker

They have been stating this same message for years about being in the final hour but I guess it sounds like they seem to have been worked extra hard into a frenzy this time. It's another bolster technique to drum up recruits to pioneer and put the Watchtower first. It's their way of prodding the membership into action to do more to advance the religions corporate agenda. Maybe they figure it will be more efficient since all their articles seemed to have no effect. Oh well nothing like the ol' armagedon trick to spread fear, control, and guilt.

Ticker

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit