September KM - 70 alterations in Revelation Climax Book

by dozy 120 Replies latest watchtower bible

• AnnOMaly
    AnnOMaly
    I haven't check to see if anyone has posted this yet,

The previous page

• littlerockguy
    littlerockguy
    I haven't check to see if anyone has posted this yet, but here is the KM article in PDF format:

Elsewhere you rock!!

• Leolaia
    Leolaia

I was just taking a look at the transcript -- boy did Rutherford et al. get off on a technicality. Agnes Hudgings and Mabel Campbell are the unsung heroes of the Watchtower Society. Funny how we've never really heard of them before. If it weren't for their evasive answers and the Court's frustration with them, Rutherford et al. may well have remained in jail for many years to come.

For instance, the prosecutor tried to establish the provenance of the letters used as key exhibits in the case...the letters written to Bible Student draftees in boot camps, advising them to refuse the orders of their commanding officers. Agnes was asked if she had seen the stamp Rutherford used to sign his letters and she said she saw it in use many times. Then Agnes was shown the rubber stamp obtained from the police search:

Q. I hand you Exhibit 11 and ask you if you identify that rubber stamp there as similar to the one that Mr. Rutherford used? A. No, I wouldn't identify that stamp.

Q. Is there anything peculiar about that? A. I don't understand you.

Q. Anything peculiar about that rubber stamp there? A. It is the same as all rubber stamps, as far as I know.

Q. What did he have on the rubber stamp that you knew he used? A. J. F. Rutherford.

Q. Was it the same as that (indicating)? A. I think so.

Q. Looks like that? A. Some...

Q. I ask you, could you see any difference between that and the one you have seen him use? A. I couldn't answer that question.

The Court: The Court is inclined to think you can, and you must answer it. The question is if you can see any difference, and you must answer that question.

The Witness: You Honor, I might say --

The Court: I might say to you, Mrs. Hudgings, that we must have full, true, direct answers to all these questions that are asked you which the Court decides are proper. Your answers thus far have seemed to be evasive. [<---- There ya go!! The grounds for the mistrial...the Judge just gave prejudicial statements to the jury]

Mr. Fuller: I except to these remarks of the Court on behalf of each of the defendents.

Mr. Sparks: I ask that the witness be permitted to make the statement that was called out by the Court in view of the characterization of the Court's question to her. I ask that she be permitted to make her statement for the record.

The Court: She may make any statement she desires to.

The Witness: I was about to say that I gave an oath that I would tell the truth and the whole truth as nearly as I was able to and that I would not identify the stamp for the reason that I could not. That I did not know the stamp plainly enough so I could identify it and therefore do not wish to give false testimony.

The Court: This second witness seems to be taking an attitude that the Court can't permit to continue. Now, the Court has great power as to compelling a witness to answer and answer directly and has much power in case a witness is evasive in answering. This is rather extraordinary and in the case of the other witness I had her withdraw thinking that likely counsel for the defense would advise her, of someone else. Now, the question here is not for you to identify the stamp, the question was if it looked like the one you saw this person use. Ask the witness whether she was the one that used the stamp in stamping letters.

Mr. Sparks: I take exception to the Court's remarks and the general character of it as tending to make the witness say something which she has already stated she could not do. I take also exception to that part of the Court's remarks in which he says he suggested that the previous witness might be withdrawn in order that counsel for the defense or someone else might advise her, not knowing what counsel could advise her to do in view of her testimony and in view of the position of counsel fo rthe defendants, that the witness could not possibly answer the questions that were propounded to her by the Court and counsel.

The Court: The Court is very much inclined to believe that the former witness could answer the questions, and that the answers that she was giving were not true answers [<--- Oops, there he goes again, more prejudicial comments], and while I would not deal with her hastily I became convinced if that was the case I should deal with the witness for contempt of court and perhaps in other directions because that would be the plain duty of the Court under such circumstances.

Mr. Sparks: We take exception to those last remarks of the Court and in view of them we ask for the Court to declare a mistrial and the withdrawal of a juror.

The Court: The motion will be denied and an exception will be noted on behalf of the defendants. (pp. 281-283)

There you have it....Rutherford et al. were "exonerated" because a witness could not say whether a rubber stamp looked like the one she used and saw Rutherford use, and because the Judge got frustrated with her answers and said a bit too much...

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

Excellent - where can you get the transcript? Leolaia, you are a gem.

Edited because in excitement I posted my real name!

Slim

• collegegirl21
    collegegirl21

I just called my mom and casually mentioned that a sister's husband who is an elder already has the OKM for sept and that they are 70 changes, I said, "Wow, that's a lot mom, don't you think? I mean we've studied this already a couple times. You would think that it would be accurate." She said, "Well sometimes the brothers can make mistakes, plus they just want everything to be up to date for us, so they are probably just adding some things that were not added before." Talk about being naive, huh?

• cabasilas
    cabasilas

Thanks Ann for posting the original scans. And thanks Elsewhere for posting where the PDF file can be found!

• truthsetsonefree
    truthsetsonefree

They'd better make the changes in pencil. For sure they will have to change them again later.

• heathen
    heathen

I can already see that chapter 38 about the anointed 144k they think will still be alive is wrong still . Revelation is very clear that they all die as martyrs . So even trying to adjust things isn't helping them .

• DannyHaszard
    DannyHaszard

Ergo,no 1914 then there can be no 1918 inspection..... The central CORE doctrine of the Watchtower,yes the reason the Watchtower came into existence was to declare Jesus second coming in 1914.When the prophecy (derived from William Miller of 1842) failed they said that he came "invisibly".

Ergo,no 1914 then there can be no 1918 inspection and sealing of the 'anointed' so the entire wts doctrinal superstructure comes crashing down like a house of cards. Ergo again, the Revelation Climax book is 95% falsehoods (read blasphemous lies)

• beautifulisfree
    beautifulisfree

Hey everybody...Now's the time to invest in the stocks of "WHITEOUT" . 6 million JDubs are going to be buying alot of it and they better stock up for the other upcoming 'adjustments'!!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit