For those not sick to death of talking about this...607 BCE

by Swamboozled 601 Replies latest watchtower bible

• scholar
    scholar

fullofdoubtnow

Now you admit to being duped. How foolish of you. Now you are no longer duped you therefore must be now wise. Pray tell what is this new found wisdom teaching you? Are you now no longer full of doubt? But wait, something is wrong because your choice of a user name does not reflect an enlightened one, Does it?

Further, you noiw must have something better. Have you now found the True Religion? Are you Roman Catholic, Atheist, Agnostic, Muslim, Buddhist, Hindu, Seventh Day Adventist? What now are you converted to?

From your own hand you admit to being duped but that was not because of some error of teaching that you once believed but because you read a book written by an apostate, a person of weak intellectual character and just as Eve was deceived by the wicked one, so have you! You now talk of freedom but it is simply the freedom of sin and is not Christian freedom which requires duty, service and self-sacrifice. The freedom that you now enjoy is that of the world and is but temporary but that is your choice.

scholar JW

• thirdwitness
    thirdwitness

And still no one tackles the 40 year desolation of Egypt and understandably so.

And to answer Steve's question: Did Ezekiel say that Neb would destroy Tyre to the point of it never being rebuilt?

No, he did not. Isaiah and Zechariah as I pointed out both confirm that Ezekiel did not say that at all. If he did say it he would have been contradicting both of them and Jehovah would be a liar which is impossible. Do you think Jehovah is a liar?

Who are the celebrated scholars? It is the ones who has established chronology based on the Bible. That would seem to be JWs since 587 is impossible in view of what the Bible says. Or do you have a legitimate and reasonable answer for the 40 year desolation of Egypt?

• toreador
    toreador
    I believe the Bible because it is true, it is God's Word and not man's word.

Neil, how do you account for the FACT that the bible was not canonized or collated until appx 425 A.D.? Obviously UNINSPIRED men voted on what was to be or not to be in the canon. What say you? and how do you account for the FACT that the bible was not canonized or collated until appx 425 A.D.? Obviously UNINSPIRED men voted on what was to be or not to be in the canon. Why do we not haeve a single writing of Jesus' himself?

What say you?

Tor

• scholar
    scholar

KW13

Guilt is something you must know a lot about. Scholar posts on this board but you do not like scholar posting on this board/ Is it because my postings disturb you, irritate you, make you feel ashamed, guilty, sad all because scholar pricks your conscience by defending the sacred things that you once held sacred. You are not really concerned about my welfare because my presence here causes you anguish. To bad.. Too bad.

scholar JW

• ozziepost
    ozziepost
    the ones who has established chronology based on the Bible

I think many would agree with that - it's THEIR chronology.

• stevenyc
    stevenyc

Thirdwitness,

And to answer Steve's question: Did Ezekiel say that Neb would destroy Tyre to the point of it never being rebuilt? No, he did not. Isaiah and Zechariah as I pointed out both confirm that Ezekiel did not say that at all. If he did say it he would have been contradicting both of them and Jehovah would be a liar which is impossible. Do you think Jehovah is a liar?

this is taken from the NWT: Ezekiel 26;7 “For this is what the Sovereign Lord Jehovah has said, ‘Here I am bringing against Tyre Neb·u·chad·rez´zar the king of Babylon from the north, a king of kings, with horses and war chariots and cavalrymen and a congregation, even a multitudinous people. 8 Your dependent towns in the field he will kill even with the sword, and he must make against you a siege wall and throw up against you a siege rampart and raise up against you a large shield; 9 and the strike of his attack engine he will direct against your walls, and your towers he will pull down, with his swords. 10 Owing to the heaving mass of his horses their dust will cover you. Owing to the sound of cavalryman and wheel and war chariot your walls will rock, when he comes in through your gates, as in the cases of entering into a city opened by breaches. 11 With the hoofs of his horses he will trample down all your streets. Your people he will kill even with the sword, and to the earth your own pillars of strength will go down. 12 And they will certainly spoil your resources and plunder your sales goods, and tear down your walls, and your desirable houses they will pull down. And your stones and your woodwork and your dust they will place in the very midst of the water.’ 13 “‘And I will cause the turmoil of your singing to cease, and the very sound of your harps will be heard no more. 14 And I will make you a shining, bare surface of a crag. A drying yard for dragnets is what you will become. Never will you be rebuilt; for I myself, Jehovah, have spoken,’ is the utterance of the Sovereign Lord Jehovah.

I think you might be changing what is written, and you know what God thinks of that.

steve

• ozziepost
    ozziepost

Scholar:

To repeat Ian's post addressed to you:

You've got some front telling Ozzie that he didn't answer your question when you deliberately cut and run each time AlanF, Ozzie, myself and others ask you to answer certain questions. You're a hypocrite! You miserably try and excuse yourself from meeting up with Ozzie on the grounds that he could be disfellowshipped and yet you contravene the rules of the organisation you hold dear by coming here and openly communicating with him on an apostate web site!
  • ozziepost
    ozziepost

Scholar:

once again you refuse to admit your status for you very well know what that is.

On the contrary, I've answered fully and truthfully but while we're on the subject, you've never answered questions as to your status. Hmmmmm.

• thirdwitness
    thirdwitness

All the questions being asked about what does Egypt include and who are the celebrated scholars are all attempts at sidetracking the issue at hand. The fact is that 587 proponents are left with this one point:

The 40 year desolation of Egypt is not literal (although you have never scriptually shown us what it means symbolically) because I will not admit that JWs and 607 are correct.

Since that is all you have left and everyone can see how foolish that statement is what must you do?

Sidetrack sidetrack sidetrack. Confuse the issue. Ignore it. Because you simply have no answer.

What use is there continuing the discussion when you can't overcome the very first thing I presented when AlanF challenged me to present just one point that proves 607?

• scholar
    scholar

toreador

You do not have to believe in anything do you? You do not have to believe in the 'celebrated' ones and I care nought for your belief or disbelief.

We derive the biblically established date 1914 from sacred biblical testimony and not from pagan or secular sources. The importance of which was revealed by God in seeing to it that a accurate Bible chronology exists, based upon the prophetic word and the historic 'seventy years'.

My logic is not flawed and cannot be so because the evidence is there, the calculation is simple, not ambiguous as that of secular and profane chronologies. In short, it works whereas the other fails.

scholar JW

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit