My marriage is over because Jehovah was not the third string

by Chasity1 33 Replies latest jw friends

• Chasity1
    Chasity1

Does anyone remember that saying from their dub days? I heard through the family grape vine that is why my marriage is over.....because Jehovah was not in it and did not bless it. It did not upset me them saying this. It actually made me laugh. I know my dub family wanted me to feel bad but that is not the case. There is also renewed hope that I will now go back to the lie because they think my ex is a major factor of why I stayed out. I guess they forgot I left before I even met him. Oh well let them go on hoping and lying to themselves.

• jayhawk1
    jayhawk1

Could be worse. You could have been in an abusive relationship for nearly 25 years... all the time being told by the elders you can't leave him because the abusive man didn't cheat on you. Now that relationship had Jah's blessing? I don't think so.

• Satanus
    Satanus

It must feel wierd to have a third member in a marriage, even though he is invisible.

S

• IP_SEC
    IP_SEC

Sooo... you're single?

• SixofNine
    SixofNine

Tell them "oh no, that's not true. In fact we prayed for Jehovahs hand of guidance every time we made love, and we would even imagine that Jehovah was standing there watching us lovingly. If anything, it made our marriage stronger, by spicing it up a little y'know?".

lol, that should just about shut them up.

• purplesofa
    purplesofa

How are all the marriages that are sucessful outside of the organization explained?

• Satanus
    Satanus

A person could ask the elders: when a person becomes unmarried to their previous partner, are they still married to jehovah? Does he still use his cords? Does jehovah sleep in the bed w the remaining person, or on the floor?

S

• anewme
    anewme

Sorry you are going through this Chastity. Divorce is yucky.
    But when people are terribly unhappy divorce can be a good thing.

Best wishes to you dear,

Anewme

• Chasity1
    Chasity1
    Sooo... you're single?

Well I just had him served with divorce papers on Tuesday so we have a ways to go. In my heart I am divorced so yes I am single.

Tell them "oh no, that's not true. In fact we prayed for Jehovahs hand of guidance every time we made love, and we would even imagine that Jehovah was standing there watching us lovingly. If anything, it made our marriage stronger, by spicing it up a little y'know?".

You know what SixofNine I have my sister and mother's e-mail address. I am going to e-mail and tell them that. No joke. I am really going to e-mail that to them. Thank you.

• Chasity1
    Chasity1

How does this sound:

Dear Mom and Sxxxxx,

I heard from the family that you are saying that xxxxxx and I split up because we did not have Jehovah's blessing and Jehovah was not the third string. I will have you know that xxxxxx and I prayed for Jehovah's hand of guidance every time we made love, and we would even imagine that Jehovah was standing there watching us lovingly. If anything, it made our marriage stronger, by spicing it up a little.

I have a question for you though:

How are all the marriages that are sucessful outside of the organization explained?

Sincerely,

Chasity

Should I add anything or send it as is?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit