What the Bleep Do We Know!? Movie

by Sailor Ripley 21 Replies latest jw friends

• Sailor Ripley
    Sailor Ripley

Hello All,

I was just introduced to a new flick and thought that you might want to check it out. I'll not give any review as I don't want to sway your interpretation. I will say that I found it interesting and could be appropriate based on some postings I've read here. You can watch a trailer on the site.

Synopsis: The original storyline, which follows the journey of professional photographer Amanda (played by Academy Award winning actress, Marlee Matlin) as she comes to understand the sources of her depression and slowly change her life, is slimmed down to make room for more in-depth interviews with sixteen of the world’s top physicists, engineers, physicians, biologists, researchers, journalists and mystics, who talk about consciousness, psi research, physics, biology, emotion and addictions.

http://www.whatthebleep.com/

...still having a great time reading/replying to your posts. Thanks for allowing me to be a part of this great family!

• Beta Male
    Beta Male

funded by crazies

• SixofNine
    SixofNine

produced by whackos

• SixofNine
    SixofNine

watched by sincere truth seekers everywhere.

• MegaDude
    MegaDude

http://dir.salon.com/story/ent/feature/2004/09/16/bleep/

I was intrigued by the water crystals talked about in the film. Totally discredited. The so called Dr. Emoto, the water crystal guy, sells water to help your enlightenment.

http://www.hado.net/products.html

There were some good ideas in the film, but it is really one long infomerical in retrospect.

• Muffinman
    Muffinman

As far as I've heard, all the science in the movie is either heavily distorted or just plain wrong.

• Stealth
    Stealth

The Native American Indians could not see the ships off of the Atlantic coast because they had never seen a ship before.

One of the best comedy movies I have seen this year.

• apfergus
    apfergus

Yeah, all the physics in that movie is completely bogus. One of the interviewees actually got really mad because everything he said was taken out of context and cut up to make it sound like he was saying things he never would have intended to say.
    Having said that, the movie is really fun to snark at. Sometimes it gets downright hilarious.

• Ingenuous
  • Sailor Ripley
    Sailor Ripley

Okay, okay I get it. I'm not a very good critic. So I'll be more critical of my friends' recommendations henceforth. He does work at a Wellness Center, which should have been my first tip-off.

I looked at it more through the scientific lens as I completely, albeit subconsciously, discredit and even delete any "Gawd" talk. There was some incongruence but I thought for the most part it was interesting in its explanation of biochem and how our emotions affect our daily lives.

No one mentioned anything about the really crappy acting.

I am changing my subject to, “Do not watch this movie.” Please watch “Eraserhead” instead.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit