WERE THERE ANY UNOFFICIAL STRANGE IDEAS IN YOUR CONGREGATION?

by badboy 50 Replies latest jw friends

• ShirleyW
    ShirleyW

Regardiang denim skirts, one of the elders in my mothers congregation was a wimp, he asked my mother to tell this Sis. that denim skirts were frowned upon, but she told him that she didn't want to do it.

• dazed but not confused
    dazed but not confused

Being on Facebook or other networking sites can and will lead to couples cheating on each other. Never happened in our hall but they sure did beat a dead horse by making several local needs about that and avoiding social networks.

• Glander
    Glander

Absolutely Not! All the strange ideas in our congregation were official.

• jemba
    jemba

Lots of families in my old cong were given free season passes each year to the awesome raceway nearby because of the noise and traffic in their suburb.

However a rugby crazy elder forbade them to use the passes saying that motor racing was a blood sport. Any Bros caught going to the speedway lost or never got privleges for watching a blood sport.

the elder was a hypocritical idiot with control issues. A number of Bros did get sucked in though, worried they would lose their positions or not get to climb the cong ladder.

• jemba
    jemba

My Brothers regular card nights were stopped by the elders because some ( sulky uninvited) person thought they may be 'gambling' and was stumbled.

• Nambo
    Nambo

My last cong, an Elder from the platform stated that after sex, a married couple must have a shower and change the bed linen, no rolling over and going to sleep there guys!

My previous cong, a least one Elder was of the opinion that if you courted a Sister, you had to marry her.

• jam
    jam

Ok for the Black brothers to wear A mustache,

but frown upon when white brothers sported it.

• 00DAD
    00DAD

Brothers could only shave their head if they were almost bald.

• blondie
    blondie

We have several congregations in this area. Rules are not necessarily the same in each one. In one brothers whether, white, black, hispanic, etc., could have a mustache. In another it was verboten. 5 brothers from the congregation that did not allow them switched congregations.

In one sisters could have double pierced ears, in another only single. That ended up with a call to the "service desk" which told the elders in each congregation that it was the BOE in each congregation to make the call for that congregation.

One required that speakers wear white shirts while all the others had dropped that "rule" long ago.

• NewChapter
    NewChapter

There was a young MS in my hall that wore his hair quite short, but a bit of gel on top---kind of made it spikey, but not shockingly so. In fact, his hair actually grew somewhat spikey, and the gel kind of tamed it. He was not the only bro to wear his hair this way, and no one ever complained. It was a common enough style, even in business offices.

He moved to the hall right next to us---10 minutes away. They told him his hair was extreme and he couldn't have privileges unless he changed it. He started brushing it down with a side part---which just looked ridiculous because it was not the natural fall of his hair. He really had to plaster it.

You see----you can have the inappropriate hair texture and god will hate you.

NC

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit