I just discovered Guns n' Roses

by thecarpenter 24 Replies latest social entertainment

• Ms. Whip
    Ms. Whip

Axl's new band "Chinese Democracy" is rumored to release it's long awaited CD this November 2006. Production costs for this new album is said to be around $15 million making it the most expensive recording ever.

The band is currently playing a summer tour in Europe to promote the album. Lots of poor quality amature video of the tour on www.youtube.com.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q6J952yve2g

• lonelysheep
    lonelysheep

I love GnR!!! Great music, and I'm glad you discovered them.

I remember when Paradise City came out (I was 9 or 10 yrs old), I begged for a white denim jacket just like Axl wore. Lol!

Now I play the Best of GNR cd so my kids will know them.

• DanTheMan
    DanTheMan

Leolaia, I couldn't agree more - God how I loathed the insipid late 80's music scene - Cinderella, Warrant, White Lion, and countless other creativity-challenged clones....those bands SUCKED!!! And the videos were so awful, what with all the close-ups of the standard-issue prettyboy singer making big puppy-eyes at the camera.... I couldn't believe how many girls were taken in by such transparent schlock....

GN'R were one of the few bright spots from the time but nowadays I can't take much of them. I still like the "Where do we go now" ending to Sweet Child, that just rocks. I didn't like much of anything from Use Your Illusion...November Rain is so bloated and overwrought...

Has this happened to you when you started fading or since leaving the organization?

I was ashamed that I liked Nirvana as much as I did when I was a j-dub, and of course I never bought their CD's. Now I listen to them guilt-free....well, except maybe "Polly", lol. I also have discovered Rage Against the Machine since leaving, and they have become one of my all-time favorites. I barely knew they existed during my JW days.

• lonelysheep
    lonelysheep
    And the videos were so awful, what with all the close-ups of the standard-issue prettyboy singer making big puppy-eyes at the camera.... I couldn't believe how many girls were taken in by such transparent schlock....

• thecarpenter
    thecarpenter

Hey, check out this video

Sweet Child of Mine Video

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit