What rebellious actions did you or other do in your congregation?

by JH 26 Replies latest jw friends

• Justice-One
    Justice-One
    I in my drunk stooper Pointed back to him then Raised my middle finger and said F$%# YOU ASSHOLE,

Now THERE was a true Kodak and Memorex moment!!!

BTW, could that be called "peaking" at 17? I mean, does it get any better than that?

• my_boys
    my_boys

I sat NEXT to my boyfriend during the meetings and sometimes we would hold hands!

A couple of times my brothers and I were brought to the meetings by another family that had a son my brother's age. My family was friends with their family and we hung out...camping, dinners, etc. Anyway, I ended up sitting next to the boy "unplanned" during the Sunday meetings. Next thing I know our congregation's only Special Pioneer was off and telling other friends of mine that I was going to be out of the truth within 6 months and doing drugs and pregnant. She might have had age (I'm sure in her 80's) as an excuse, but I don't even know if she got talked to. My mother went to the elders and I never got an apology. NIce for a 16 year old girl to have to walk into the hall feeling like everyone is looking at you and judging. Besides, it wasn't six more months....more like ten, but that's not the point. I didn't do drugs, though, and it was years before I got pregnant.

We did have some nice bonfires that were fun. There was beer and/or wine. We had a costume party at an elders house. I guess it just depends on where you live. Who knows if they would allow those things now.

• Reefton Jack
    Reefton Jack

Compared with some of the stories here, the most rebellious things I ever did were quite tame!

When the WTS was pushing the "conscience" bit in the mid-1970s, I grew a beard for a time. Also, I took to wearing a polo neck, rather than the regulation shirt with stand-up collar plus tie costume.That lasted until I was informed that I could not be used to give prayer.

Looking back, these seem like no big deal at all.

At the time, though, I did both to hand the old "two fingered salute" to the elders.

Jack.

• serendipity
    serendipity

Hi my_boys and welcome!

• Wordly Andre
    Wordly Andre

Justice,

Give me an Elder, and I'll give the finger.

Only thing is now, I don't need to be wasted to do it. ha ha ha

• Hamboozled
    Hamboozled

LOL!!! That is pretty funny!

• clarity
    clarity

Funny!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit