Why did you choose your USER NAME?

by In Between 73 Replies latest jw friends

• love11
    love11

love= the meaning of my real first name, and of course love.

11= the day I was born.

• choosing life
    choosing life

I was bothered by all the destruction and killing that Witnesses seem to focus on. Also the blood issue and being asked to choose death. I like the scripture where God says to choose life.

• Effervescent
    Effervescent

I chose my name because I think it reflects my overall outlook on life.

I have sad moments too, but all in all I love my life and everything about it!

• Arthur
    Arthur

I really didn't give mine much thought. When I signed up, I never thought that I would stay on this site, so I just typed in the first name that popped into my head. Later on, I decided I wanted to insert an avatar like everybody else. Because of my alias name, the first idea that came to me was to insert a picture of Dudley Moore.

• AudeSapere
    AudeSapere

I was a walk-away believer, successfully faded.

Thought I would return some day when policies changed.

It took me over 13 years to even think about reading apostate material. One day I suddenly got an urge to google Jehovah's Witnesses. I spent 3 days (up all night) and even missed a day of work reading. I was fascinated but frightened, too. Eventually I made my way here and lurked. Then something was posted as a link and I was blocked because I had not registered. By this time I realized that I was on apostate sites but still frightened. I didn't want to give any personal info. I hesitated before registering.

My first alias here was: I_Dare because I Dared to register and keep reading and join an apostate site (although the blatant apostacy turned me off.)

One or two days later, I was reading something at work and there was reference to 'Aude Sapere' a latin phrase meaning: Dare to Know; Dare to Have Wisdom/Understanding. I changed my alias that night.

-Aude.

PS: I don't know the latin pronounciation, but I like to think of it as: Awe' dee

• mama1119
    mama1119

Im a mama and my daughers b-day is 11-19 so mama1119 was born!!!!!!!!!!

• Wordly Andre
    Wordly Andre

OMG this is something I've been trying to change, I am missing an L my User Name is suppose to be WORLDLY ANDRE, but I hit enter before I checked my typing when filling out the registration page. I am such a dumbshit. So to everyone I am suppose to be WORLDLY, not wordly. Anyway I picked that because yes I am WORLDLY, I belong to this world like everyone else, JW don't think they belong to this world they walk around with a arrogant attitude, because the ORG. gives them the feeling like they hold a special knowledge that is giving to only them and no matter what your view point is, if you don't agree with them you must be a follower of Satan.

Anyway can someone tell me how to fix my username?

• bigmouth
    bigmouth

My avatar is a group shot of The Smiths from Manchester. They have a song called Bigmouth Strikes Again.
    Great song and sometimes I put my foot in my mouth.
    Pete

• Ironhead
    Ironhead

Ironhead was my old nickname in the navy. I used this because it reminds me of the fun loving active man that I was before becoming a dud.

• purplesofa
    purplesofa
    I am such a dumbshit

dont feel bad............all this time I have been reading it as Worldly

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit