Something DIED in me on Tuesday

by Amazing 48 Replies latest jw friends

• kilroy
    kilroy

Six

I didn't say it was okay to kill babies because they killed ours. If you have been reading this thread you have also read about "collateral damage." I'm sorry, but that includes innocents, be they babies, small children or women or whomever. Not my idea.

Kilroy

• SixofNine
    SixofNine

Read the thread Kilroy, see where I think arm-chair generals/pussies can stick "collateral damage".

• kilroy
    kilroy

Six

I'm very sorry that you were so personally affected by this tragedy.

I hate the idea of collateral damage as much as the next guy. If this can be solved without it I for one would cheer as these guys are brought to justice. I just don't see how that can be achieved.

Kilroy

• safe4kids
    safe4kids

((((Six)))

I think I understand some of your frustration and I agree that 'collateral damage' needs to be thought of in terms of PEOPLE, not just a phrase that is bandied carelessly about (not accusing anyone here of doing that).

I also understand that we all approach grief in different ways...anger being foremost for a lot of people. I can somewhat imagine your terror on Tuesday; I had family in DC, near the Pentagon and we didn't hear until Wed am that they were safe. However, it wasn't one of my children and so in that, I CANNOT imagine what you must have gone through. Thank the cosmos that your daughter and her mom are safe!!!

Dana

• DannyBear
    DannyBear

Six,

I ran out of posts so could not get back to you yesterday.

I think you answered your own question, about arm chair quaterbacks, when you stated this:

***The funny thing is, I almost feel cheated in not having the chance to serve in the armed forces, I find myself full of, if not national pride, feelings of wanting to fight for freedom and democracy.***

Join the crowded armchairs my friend! So instead of anger at us guys who feel the same damn way, use a little empathy eh?

If you have problems with those of us who are reaching the "autumn" of our lives, I can only say, tick tock....'there by the grace of blah blah..'

So glad your loved ones came home safe.

Danny

• bigboi
    bigboi

Six:

I feel that when dealing with terrorism you can't really focus on collateral damage. If you do that then you give an edge to the terrorists. I can't comprehend what you must have felt having your daughter and her mom in that city that day. Maybe that is why I feel the way I do. They want you to be afraid and come to thier level. What happened in New York was more than just a statement, it was a provocation. These ppl want a war. I think in most of their countries their outdated societies are dying and they are yearnng to hold on to them. They blame the U. S. for the changes they have witnessed in their cultures. They want to destroy the freedom we have and everyone else wants to enjoy. That is what is a stake here. Our freedom, our liberty. These are more important to us than anything else, probably even life itself to more than a few. For that I would be ready to endure the collateral damage. Fear must not prevail here.

ONE....

bigboi

"life's a bitch a with a g-string and a twelve pack of Busch."

• SixofNine
    SixofNine
    They want you to be afraid and come to thier level.

Sigh.

Judging from this board, they succeeded.

• fodeja
    fodeja
    They want you to be afraid and come to thier level.
    Judging from this board, they succeeded.

Success would be a euphemism, judging by this board.

Try to have faith in the concept of 'silent majority'. I'm not sure if it works, but I'm trying.

f.

edited (Freudian slip)

• Darkchilde
    Darkchilde

The only thing that's changed within me is that I've become more aware of my own mortality. Going further than that is just... too big; I don't like to think too deeply about things that are beyond my control, since that only makes me depressed, angry and scared, and I can't change them anyway. So I focus on the things that ARE within my reach and let the people in charge of the rest worry over whatever lies beyond it.

I try to keep in closer contact with my family and my girlfriend now. I try to worry less over what other people may think of me, what might go wrong, etc., and simply focus on 1)doing the big things I want to do before I die and 2)enjoying all the little things that make me happy. I can't give blood (I'm 12 pounds under the minimum weight), but I WILL be donating bottled water to help the people who need it. I want to help others while I still can.

At any moment, without any warning, you could be killed, maimed, or otherwise rendered incapable of giving help to others, doing the things you love, or enjoying the love of the people who mean the most to you. Time and life are just too precious to waste on useless anger and hatred. Try to seek happiness while you still can.

Love to all,

*Rochelle.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit