Update! The pressure is rising, Elders on my trail!

by drew sagan 43 Replies latest jw friends

• stevenyc
    stevenyc

Drew,

The book study is using the "what does the bible realy teach book". At the back, on page 174 it says this:

However, baptism is not a mere bath. It is a symbol of something very important. Going beneath the water symbolizes that you have died to your former life course. Being raised up out of the water indicates that you are now alive to do the will of God. Remember, too, that you have made a dedication to Jehovah God himself, not to a work, a cause, other humans, or an organization. Your dedication and baptism are the beginning of a very close friendship with God—an intimate relationship with him.

Might come in handy.

steve

• drew sagan
    drew sagan

Thank's for that steve, that really will come in handy! -drew

• undercover
    undercover
    However, baptism is not a mere bath. It is a symbol of something very important. Going beneath the water symbolizes that you have died to your former life course. Being raised up out of the water indicates that you are now alive to do the will of God. Remember, too, that you have made a dedication to Jehovah God himself, not to a work, a cause, other humans, or an organization. Your dedication and baptism are the beginning of a very close friendship with God—an intimate relationship with him.

That's a greate quote, and it's from a current publication. So new, they're still studying it at the Book Study (if my info is correct).

Everyone should have this book and if and when elders make a sheparding call to "help" and try to get us to go back to meetings, etc. all we have to do is say something to the effect of "Thank you for your concern, but my dedication is to Jehovah, not the organization. I'm leaving it entirely in his hands. I know he can read my heart and I'm not worried. Thanks again." If they press the issue, just pull out the new book and read that line. End of discussion and goodbye.

• greendawn
    greendawn

It is a characteristic of the WTS the intensity with which they hound out anyone that shows the least inclination to question and disbelieve the FDS. There is zero tolerence even for constructive criticism.

If you want to stay in you should not give any indications to them about disagreements with their ideology.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit