My revenge against the WTS

by Genesis 17 Replies latest jw friends

• Genesis
    Genesis

Hi folks,

After 7 months out of the cult and my 20e Birthday approaching (next week) I sorted out what I would do with my life. After I exited the Borg I thought about various plans like touring the world or infiltering the congregation and fight the borg or becoming a professional musician (music is a hobbie for me).

But after a lot of thinking I finally made up my plans. First it was clear for me that I would not let my JW past affects my future. When I finished High School I took a 2 years class (DEP) on computer science which is the lowest professional education form in Quebec and now im working as an secretary/tech support in Wireless Internet Service Provider. Its a dull and low paying job but where I live computer related job are like gold even if low paying so If I ever wanted to have a higher pay I would have to move and I would have to go do Tech Support for the rest of my life.

After leaving the borg and truely discovering myself I now took the decision to go back to school in 2007 and Obtain at least a Master degree in Psychology in order to become a Psy ! Even now I have many books on the subject and cant stop to psychanalyse people. I will love to go back to school and do it fully giving my 110%. It is a project of 7 to 10 years but it will be a great challenge and when I succeed I will have a High Paying job in the field that I like in order to raise a family in this wicked(normal) system of things :D

It think that as the proverb says : The best revenge is a life well-lived !

Joff

• damselfly
    damselfly

I'm excited for you! That's a great plan. One of my friends does tech support and hates every minute of it.

Congrats on your decision.

Dams

• damselfly
    damselfly

<<It think that as the proverb says : The best revenge is a life well-lived ! >>

Dams

• NewYork44M
    NewYork44M

Living successfully is the best revenge. Good for you for figuring that out.

• Scully
    Scully

Excellent!

That's a fascinating field to go into, especially if you get into Private Practice or find a special niche of counselling to work in.... Exit Counselling (for former cult members) looks to be a growing field!

• anewme
    anewme

Good for you!

• the dreamer dreaming
    the dreamer dreaming

by accident sort of, I started studying psychology shortly after my BORG theological implants failed. I find it fascinating to try to figure

out why people do what they do, and sometimes I have been able to do just that.... mostly I find too many variables and people seem to be

rarely honest about their inner workings... sometimes not even realizing it.

• fullofdoubtnow
    fullofdoubtnow

All the best, I am so pleased for you.

• karen96
    karen96

Congratulations! I hope you enjoy your studies!

karen

• Dune
    Dune

Congrats, getting a degree is one of the best things you can do for yourself. I turn 20 in a few weeks, enjoy ur last few days as a teen :-P.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit