Sunday Morning, and the thought of going to a meeting.....NOT !!!

by JH 10 Replies latest jw friends

• Leolaia
    Leolaia

Here is how my Sunday is going so far...

Was sitting on the couch watching I Love the '70s Part II on VH1 when I heard what I thought was a knock. But it was so faint, I wasn't sure. So I went to the door and looked through the peephole and sure enough there was a women there holding some papers. She was dressed in a cheezy dress and looked like she was in her '60s, but I didn't recognize the papers through the peephole so I thought it was a community Sierra Club or whatever person. But when I opened it and got a better look at what she was holding, yep, I had a jaydub in my presence.

Now, there has been only one other time in my 5 1/2 years of living here that JWs have paid me a visit, and I work mostly at home. And there is a freaking Kingdom Hall four blocks away. So I open the door (wearing a blouse not really buttoned up either) and she hands me the flyer, saying "You've been invited to our convention at the Cow Palace, deliverance at hand". And then she turned to go!! I was thinking WTF....Doesn't want to say more than that, give a witness? Had it been a Sierra Club person, I would've been stuck in a conversation about protecting wildlife and California wildfires.

Well, I wasn't gonna make it that easy. So I said, "Wait...Deliverance from what?"

And she turned around and said in a grandmotherly way, "From this system of things."

Didn't she realize she was using JW jargon that doesn't make any sense to non-JWs? "Deliverance from things? What?" I said.

And then she pointed to the flyer which lists poverty, epidemics, disasters. And she explained how Jesus is now king and soon no one will face these things again and that at the convention you can learn how as a Christian you can be delivered from these things.

"Don't you believe that Jesus has been king ever since he went back to heaven and has offered deliverence from death from all who believe in him?"

I guess that was too much....she yeah yeahed me and said, "Hope you can come" as she walked away.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit