Does God Hate four letter words?

by frankiespeakin 27 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• greendawn
    greendawn

By the way welcome Dragon, if people use vulgar language it doesn't mean I will not talk to them but I just think having the willpower not to use vulgarities is a superior attitude.

Of course it is not socially acceptable for women to swear except occasionally because that undermines the delicacy of their femininity.

• parakeet
    parakeet

Greendawn:
    ***Of course it is not socially acceptable for women to swear***

You're the one who also thinks a "dignified husband" shouldn't accept his wife's dressing provocatively. What else do you think we women ought not to be doing, GD? Because, of course, we don't have the brains to decide these things for ourselves, do we?

• dustrabbit
    dustrabbit

Frankiespeaks asked:

I mean if you use the word like fuck,& SHit does he really care or is it something we humans made up ourselves?

At first, I was just going to skip replying to this thread, but the linguistic classes I took for my minor in college took control of my brain....

So, here is the simpliest way to write this:

During Shakespeare's time "c*ck" and some other "cuss" words did not have the stigma attahced to them as they do today. It's humans, especially those who see themselves as gaurdians of taste and morality, who assign the "dirty" connotative value of the words. For instance: If I say, "Consume excrement and expire" and then 30 seconds later I utter, "Eat Sh*t and die!", I've said basically said the same thing *and the intent was the same*, but someone will be more offended by the second phrase.

God doesn't say which words are dirty or not, it's humans that do.

• Robdar
    Robdar

Parakeet:

Greendawn:

***Of course it is not socially acceptable for women to swear***

You're the one who also thinks a "dignified husband" shouldn't accept his wife's dressing provocatively. What else do you think we women ought not to be doing, GD? Because, of course, we don't have the brains to decide these things for ourselves, do we?

Parakeet is a spit fire. I love her. Well said, girl friend.

• LDH
    LDH
    In the song of Deborah and Barak it reads in Judges 5:30:

"A womb—two wombs to every able-bodied man,"

The footnote reads: "Soldiers’ expression for captured concubines."

Could have been another four-letter-word. (Come on, it's soldiers' language. But it is a holy book, is it not?)

VERY INTERESTING!!!!

So every soldier was entitled to two C^NTs, eh? Why does this NOT surprise me.

• LovesDubs
    LovesDubs

I thought FUCK was short for Fornication Under Carnal knowledge... so I suppose the question is does God hate abbreviations?

• plmkrzy
    plmkrzy
    greendawn Swearing shows a lack of culture and class and of being in the grip of instinctive aggressive forces.

Like the ones that send those pounding sensations trough your big toe when you stub it?

• james_woods
    james_woods

I have it on pretty good authority that even George W. Bush let one slip out yesterday at the G8...

But, I think he has already apologized to Condelleeza, Tony, Scully, and Simon.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit