Is Prince Still a Jehova's Witness?

by Silvia Plath 30 Replies latest jw experiences

• asleif_dufansdottir
    asleif_dufansdottir

Hubby and I were Prince fans before we were JWs and after (couldn't admit to it during).

I don't know which is sadder...the fact that the bOrg sucked him in (I surmized because of the death of his child) or that his $$ and celeb status protect him from so much of the grief in the life of a 'real' witness.

I'd have paid to see him try some of that stuff (facial hair, limo in service) at Our old cong!!

• Honesty
    Honesty

20 years from now he'll be a member of the GB.

• heathen
    heathen

I bet he even has "worldy" friends . You are so right when it comes to celebs putting the dubbies in the spot light they will bend the rules where as Joe smuck will have to obey every letter of the law as outlined by the organization or else gets marked for bad association or suspened priveledges or maybe even a JC . Right now they are more concerned about the money .

• Hellrider
    Hellrider

Holy cow, she is one of the most beatiful girls I`ve ever seen. Looks a bit like Nelly Furtado.

His wife's website doesn't look very "witnessy"

Wheres that website?

• dvw
    dvw

ok, the governing bodies say that as christians, "they will learn war no more". this means no hand guns, weapons,no learning the martial arts and such as a means to protect ones self in case one is attacked. now, prince takes freakin body guards with him in service? isnt he making preparations for a physical confrontation with who knows who? what bullshit! could you, as a good little dubbie, carry a billy club in your service bag incase of attack? and dont kid yourself, the gorilla's that follow the clown prince around all day are packing heat. and something tells me when prince toured bethel, the leg breakers with him, didnt check the pistols at the door.

• dustrabbit
    dustrabbit

I used to really like Prince. Then he gets all "pure" (sort of). speaking of Dub celebs -- does anyone want to weigh in the Williams sisters? I always thought they've gotten away with more than Prince or MJ.

• TresHappy
    TresHappy

http://www.gamillah.com/

Mrs. Nelson's website.

• dustrabbit
    dustrabbit

"Gamillah"? Why does the word "Gommorah" keeps popping up in my head? Some sort of weird word association?

• Tatiana
    Tatiana

I have been a Prince fan since his first song, Soft and Wet, in '78. I have seen him in concert. I watched the BET awards. He did change the words to 3121, to "system of things." He also had some sexily dressed ladies dancing around him.

I hope he wakes up and really sees the "truth!"

He had a site that you had to pay to be a member of. It's been shut down. There were some great pics of him in concert recently.

www.npgmusicclub.com/

I wonder how Jehovah would really feel being thanked by Prince on a show that is part of this wicked "system of things?" hmmmmm

btw, being a vegetarian must pay off. Prince is 48, and still looks like he did in the '80's...if not better!!

• Zelaira
    Zelaira

The thing is Until he get's Divorced he has to Act a Certain way. I wish he was SINGLE and a Playboy Forever as I wanna Shag him Wild and I'm Not into ADULTERY. I think he is SEXY Hot and COOl. I Lust after him and feel NO Shame. I Know I can B a better Personal ASSISTANT and VANITY CLONE than MANI who is FAKE... See, I am the REAL SPIRIT and she is just HIS FANTASY of the REAL..... She is Smart but she has NO FASHION STYLE without his DESIGNERS and she is TRYING with her Causes which are WONDERFUL, BUT..I am a MOM and I KNOW how it is... She is simply a WANNA B... I am the REAL DEAL to tell ya.. I am What he WANTS and SHE is just his PUPPET.. Like it or Not she is TRYINg to be ...well an ANGELINA a MARVA COLLINS a ENTREPRENEUR... But, I have been there ...I KNOW where SHE SIMPLY GUESSES... Is she a MOM? DOES she WORK? Does she TAKE CARE of her KID? I mean I don't think so and it's all so SIMPLE when ONLY ya DREAM.... Go down to the REAL and REALLY GET GHETTO if Ya WANT TO B.. I MEAN NO WAY U EVER BEEN all the REAL... You can NEVER KNOW... HAVE CHILDREN, Get a DIVORCE Face DEATH... I mean ya want the REAL???? Ya only READING and DOING what One TELLS ya.. What ya KNOW bout LOSS and Bad Times and CHILDBIRTH? Ya ever EXPERIENCED IT ALL? That is the REAL SHIT..... Talk 2 Me THEN... Ya ever been Raped? Abused? I mean I Know Friends in EVERY CATEGORY. EVERY ECONOMIC Situation... I Dig all the REAL... Where ya been in TORONTO been so Bad? I Love her and all, but she is MONEY and just ACTING she ain't no REAL TRIP from BROOKLYN and he is NOT REAL from CHANHASSEN... BROOKLYN and all is the REAL DEAL.... Us NYC'S are the REAL with all We Had to go through with 9-11 and all. So many Problems feeling in New York. I Love ya all..But, I'll Never Believe ya UNDERSTAND or FEEL the REAL PAIN like us NEW YORKERS DO... Suffice 2 say..YA RICH....ACTING POOR 2 B Cool or 2 KNOW or b WITHIT... Ya gotta be In IT... Maybe I am an ACTOR of the REALISM.... But, how ya gonna Really KNOW..Less ya BEEN There? I FEEL REAL COMPASSION and I tell Ya as 50 Cent Say....Ain't Ever Going Back,,,,,,,,,,,,Peace and Blessings..... Zelaira the Great big NUMER 1!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! And, if ya don't know NUMBEr 1 Child ya better STEP AWAY.... Ya better RUn..... I'm a GONNA Getcha with My RAP.........

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit