Changes that will come in Jehovah's witnesses organization

by PeLe, ThE Soccer King 46 Replies latest jw friends

• stillAwitness
    stillAwitness
    At least 20 years ago I spoke informally with a CO who told me he was privy to conversations going on at Bethel and that "it was just a matter of months" before the Society published new light on the "Marry only in the Lord" scripture and made it a df'ing offense to marry "out of the truth." Of course, it never happened.

There are many "rules" in the bible that the WTS chooses to ignore when enforcement would conflict with their greater goals.

This is a good point, I must say. This thread scares me nonetheless. Do I think this could actually happen? I don't know exactly. If it did I would go home if anyone is wondering. I don't think I can hurt my mom by allowing myself to be D'F. But I think I will have to go into therapy at the same time.

• IP_SEC
    IP_SEC
    I don't think I can hurt my mom by allowing myself to be D'F.

You would not be hurting your mom. She would be hurting herself.

• M.J.
    M.J.
    You would not be hurting your mom. She would be hurting herself.

or even more accurately, the WTS would be responsible for hurting both of you.

• greendawn
    greendawn

The inactive ones are already viewed with suspicion and marginalised so they are to a great extend treated as DFed. There was talk last year that they would be outright DFed or declared DAed but it hasn't happened.

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

Doesn't seem likely.

Slim

• garybuss
    garybuss

Three things would solve all the problems facing Witness group owners right now.
    1. Charge for publications. Put em on Amazon, let them worry about the tax.
    2. Count all members and quit shunning and trials.
    3. Drop the blood doctrine.

Salvation is a business and God likes corporations (he owns over 100). To be a Witness from now on will cost every member $10.00 a month (children are included because they use more paper towels).

Oh, it might help them if they made amends to the millions of people they've pissed off.

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

As I read through all this one word kept popping in to my head

CONTROL

The WTS is a cult that controls people, mostly through fear.

If I was a top level BG member I would be having some very serious concerns about a couple of things

1. The internet has way too much information about the WTS and they know it cannot be controlled. No sooner do they shut down one site then 5 or ten more pop up to take its place.
    • JWs are becomeing informed.
    • Possible recruits are too informed and not as susceptible to WT recruitment methods.
    • The average active JW might be having a more difficult time deflecting some of this info
  • If people are not regular to meetings then where are they getting information from?
    • How afraid are they that they cannot control those who are not regular at meetings?
    • What kinds of information are they getting and then bringing to those who are regular?
  • JWs are in the media an awful lot these days. it is amazing how many murder/suicides that are hitting the news these days.
  • Taking the hard line with JWs re meeting attendance and service will scare many into obedience. The WTS doesn't learn from its mistakes in the past. It keeps repeating them. So....

The end is coming... the end is coming... remain faithful... Jehovah will judge you based on meeting attendance and service quotas... beware... the end is coming....

soon

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit