My story: Getting away from the Muggles

by Wordly Andre 13 Replies latest jw experiences

• Wordly Andre
    Wordly Andre

I was born into a JW home, my parents converted from Catholicism a few years before my birth, so like many of you I never grew up in a home we the future was discussed in a joyful or hopeful manner, instead the doom of the end of this system of things was constant reminder that god was going to destroy the earth. In my preteen years I remember my parents trying to rush me into being baptized before the next convention, and even would try to entice me with talking about a party and presents, I resisted, to which I had brothers trying to study with me after school, even waiting for me outside my elementary school, follow me home and talk about the end of the world and that I better be baptized, I think eventually they gave up on me and thought that I was too young. Later when I was in high school same games, although this time more intense. By the time I was in 8th grade, I was very different from other JW kids, I listened to Punk and Goth music, I was accused of bringing demons into the house, and had my music collection destroyed many times, the more that my parents and the brothers tried to get me to conform, the more I resisted, even with frequent beatings by my dad, I didn’t want to get baptized, or change who I was, there was even talk about pulling me out of public school, all the pressure and craziness that happened during that time made me turn to alcohol at a very early age. I did stop, thank god to my worldly friends, I was invited and saw how they celebrated Christmas, birthdays, hell even the 4th of July, it was amazing, their families were happy, no talk about well this could be our last meal together because we are in end of times. I remember that the first Christmas card I got from a girlfriend in the 9th grade meant so much to me, I hid that from my parents for many years, I know kind of what POW’s feel like to hide important items from their guards. Well maybe not that extreme but I think some of you may know what I am talking about. When I was 15 I was friends with my sisters JW friends and her mom accused me of having immoral thoughts about her daughters breasts, the elders had a 2 hour meeting talking about my thoughts about this girls breasts, now this meeting went from just plain bizarre to ridiculous, I was like I wish some of my friends were here, because I am sure that the stories I told my friends about going up with JW’s they must have thought I was making this crap up, anyway back to the meeting, there were like I think five elders, this girls mom, her sister, and a friend, and on my side they requested my dad to be apart of the meeting, I was just sitting there in shock, I was not scared of the elders but more of my dad, and the beating to come, the elders basically said that because of my immoral thoughts of this young sisters breasts that I was now bad association from other youths in the hall, and that they would have to announce it at the meeting. I was like whatever you freakish mind readers. Oh and by the way I didn’t need to think about this girls breast I already had a girlfriend at that time that no one knew about, you know how you have to keep your worldly girlfriends a secret like your selling secrets to the Russians or something. Later that year based on that meeting and a bunch of other hecklings from all the stuck up JW kids from the hall, I mean these were dorks that I would have kick their ass if we were in school, it was like an alternate universe, the final straw was my parents made me attend a JW kids get together, it was so obvious that I was unwelcome, since I was bad association no one talked to me except to point out that I was there with disbelief, and mind you I used to dress a bit punk, but toned it down when with my parents, so I was sitting there dress all in black, leather jacket and with my doc’s and these kids looked like models from the 1980 sears catalog for the young boy section. I told my parents shortly after that, that I would no longer attend meetings, go to Memorial, or Conventions. After many beatings from my dad, he finally resorted to economic sanctions, he told me this, I would have a bedroom to sleep and food to eat, that is it, anything I needed even as little as hairspray, bus fare, or clothes, I had to buy my own, NO problem since I was already working, I just had to add more hours. I eventually moved out when I was 17 and got my own place and never looked back.. It has been almost 16 years since I left and still struggle with going up in it, most of my family are still JW’s I have converted to Catholicism thanks to a very nice priest. Over the past few years some of my cousins have left, so as it stands right now my family is a bit divided, but for those of us that are out, enjoy life and each other, and are now able to live free, but while the JW’s are around I still talk crap only have to use code names for JW and I have taken the word Muggle from Harry Potter, because they are truly Non magical folks, they miss the magic of life. Now there are so many stories I could talk about but in a rather large nutshell this is my story

• diamondblue1974
    diamondblue1974

Welcome to the forum Andre and a great story, well worth the read.

Your story whilst unique is not disimilar to others here also; well done for being so strong and keeping your identity.

DB74

• fullofdoubtnow
    fullofdoubtnow

Hi Andre and welcome to the forum, it's good to see you here

they miss the magic of life.

What a great description of the jw lifestyle, you are so right there.

• crankytoe
    crankytoe

Wow, I've got a similar story, thanks for sharing,

• SirNose586
    SirNose586

"When I was 15 I was friends with my sisters JW friends and her mom accused me of having immoral thoughts about her daughters breasts, the elders had a 2 hour meeting talking about my thoughts about this girls breasts, now this meeting went from just plain bizarre to ridiculous, I was like I wish some of my friends were here, because I am sure that the stories I told my friends about going up with JW’s they must have thought I was making this crap up, anyway back to the meeting, there were like I think five elders, this girls mom, her sister, and a friend, and on my side they requested my dad to be apart of the meeting, I was just sitting there in shock, I was not scared of the elders but more of my dad, and the beating to come, the elders basically said that because of my immoral thoughts of this young sisters breasts that I was now bad association from other youths in the hall, and that they would have to announce it at the meeting."
    --Wordly Andre
    Wow, that's a first. I've never heard of a JC for boobs. I think a great counter to that would've been the Song of Solomon. They talk about tits for like, half the book!!
    Anyway, you'll have fun here meeting this crazy gang of folks. Welcome, and glad to hear you got out of the Org.

• serendipity
    serendipity

Hi Andre and welcome! Interesting story and just incredible that the elders talked to you about looking at breasts. Where was that at?

• Wordly Andre
    Wordly Andre

Serendipity, it was in Palmdale CA,

• Honesty
    Honesty

Hi and welcome, Andre!!!

Isn't it amazing how well jw's hide their fangs and keep their claws sheathed to 'worldly' people. It's all a big show to attract innocents to their cult of horrors.

• LDH
    LDH
    After many beatings from my dad, he finally resorted to economic sanctions, he told me this, I would have a bedroom to sleep and food to eat, that is it, anything I needed even as little as hairspray, bus fare, or clothes, I had to buy my own, NO problem since I was already working, I just had to add more hours.

Psychological abuse. How depraved.

I'm so glad you broke free.

Lisa

• Gill
    Gill

Welcome WorldlyAndre! You should be very proud of your obviously strong mind and ability to see through total BS, that our JW parents spouted.

I wish I had been able to leave so early. Well done!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit