Soldier Reared JW Is One of Five Accused In Iraqi Rape Scandal

by West70 16 Replies latest social current

• West70
    West70

Jeff:

With regard to this being or not being "scandalous" re JWs, the fact that I chose to post this under "Current" rather than "Scandals" speaks for itself. None of the above comments make this out to be a big scandal, so just where did you get the idea that this is being made out as a "big scandal"?

On the other hand, this is JW-related news, and it does give those unfamiliar with JWs something to think about -- whether those thoughts are +, -, or neutral toward JWs -- such will simply have to fall where they may with each individual reader.

Is the fact that Barker was reared as a JW is newsworthy or "significant" to the rape-story?

Barker's Aunt seemed to think so when she spoke to the reporter.

The reporter seemed to think so when the article was written.

The reporter's editor(s) seemed to think so when they decided to publish the article.

Maybe you should join the JWs who share your opinion and send an email to the reporter and editors chewing them out for reporting and publishing such irrelevant and useless info.

• West70
    West70

BTTT, while I'm still here.

• Fe2O3Girl
    Fe2O3Girl

1. He may not be guilty.

2. Since when has a JW upbringing instilled respect for women, let alone worldly women?

3. Who knows the psychological impact being in combat has on a young small town American boy?

Somebody did those awful acts to that girl and her family. It's sickening.

• jlb
    jlb

This james barker is not jehovas witness. his aunt is full of crap. His mom flip flopped between religions as he was growing up and she seemed to like that one the most. He always said he didnt even believe in God. I know him personally. Better than anyone else knows him. You guys are right. He doesnt sound like he respects women if he has a wife and girlfriend, right. Im his wife, still trying to figure out how he ever respected me.

• What-A-Coincidence
    What-A-Coincidence

welcome jlb!

• serendipity
    serendipity

Hi jlb & welcome!

• West70
    West70

JLB:

If you are in fact James Paul Barker's spouse, and if in fact James Paul Barker has no significant ties to the JWs, then I find it extremely interesting that you somehow accidently stumbled across this JW related DB -- not to mention the thread relating to your spouse -- not to mention that you then decided to go to all the trouble of registering so you could post one time just to deny his JWhood.

I think I'll stick with his aunt's statement, plus his mother's decision to not deny his JW status.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit