17 Days: One Final Adventure

by Merry Magdalene 40 Replies latest jw friends

• Merry Magdalene
    Merry Magdalene

Thank you all so much.

All I can say is it is the true mutual love I experienced that brings me such deep peace in regard to my mother and yet fuels my loathing of the Watchtower Society's teachings and policies. So many have been duped for so long. I feel great pity and compassion for many of them, as well as for the rest of us.

~Merry

• evita
    evita

Merry
    Your story made me cry as it was very similar to mine. I am so sorry for your loss but glad that you had that short time to be with your mom.
    Thank you for sharing your beautiful and heartfelt experience.
    Hugs, Eva

• HappyDad
    HappyDad

Merry,

I'm not too good at words, but my heart is with you at this time.

I pray that you find peace and contentment. Stay close to those you love!

HappyDad

• candidlynuts
    candidlynuts

what a wonderful blessing those 17 days must have been. i'm so touched to see such a loving tribute to your mom. i expected a pain filled post because it is so hard to lose a loved one. to read your lovely post and feel the love is really moving. hugs..

ps.. your 5 yr old sounds like a fun kiddo!

• willy_think
    willy_think
    But this woman who was stronger and busier than 10 of me grew increasingly unwell within the last 2 years, and finally, with an elder's blessing, invited me to come see her and hinted that if I could help out at all with her care it would be much appreciated.

I’m happy you were able to get together, it is too bad they wanted until she had become useless to them. Still one persons burden is anthers joy and there is also love in the world.

• Sparkplug
    Sparkplug
    I'll spare you the rest of the details. Suffice it to say, all I felt the whole time was a prevailing sense of love. Pure love. We got to be mother and daughter again. I got to treat her like a queen and appreciate her true nature apart from the JW stuff to which she was so attached. Too bad it took a fatal illness to bring out the best in everyone. My JW relatives were nothing but loving and helpful. Something we should all aspire to be towards each other all the time, not just in a crisis, me thinks.

I'm glad we had one last adventure together. I'm glad we got to love each other without hindrance for a little while.

I wish healing for all those whose families have been broken and damaged by bad religion.

I am happy to have time to get to know you. It is truly a beautiful thing to know someone like you and through that perhaps I will know your mom by the spirit she nurtured in you.

I send my love

• bem
    bem

((((((((Merry and Babygirl))))))))) There baby girl those are for all the love you and your mama showed to your grandma on this adventure of your lives.big hugs for both you and your mom , Merry I cried with your words very sweet and touching.

Dorothy

• tijkmo
    tijkmo

to think i was conditioned to believe that anyone that wasnt jw has no natural affection...

duh

• diamondblue1974
    diamondblue1974

That has to be one of the most heart rending posts I have read in a long time; from your description your mother was an amazing woman and I am sure her memory will be treasured forever.

So sorry for your loss

DB74

• Narkissos
    Narkissos

(((((((((((((Merry & daughter))))))))))))))

You made a sad story so beautiful. You are such a fresh morning to die into...

Take care

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit