YOUR LAST MEETING.........................

by vitty 87 Replies latest jw friends

• vitty
    vitty

........................At my last meeting, the elder was talking about 1975 and said "It never happened, it is appostates using a time when (some) brothers took the info in the WT wrong"...................I just blinked and finally woke up.

I had been on this site lurking for a couple of weeks, and realized thing werent right, but to have some creep say on the platform " it didnt happen"............when this ruined my and my siblings childhood, just made me snap

On the way home, I told my hubby "That was the last meeting im going to"................boy was he pleased.

So if you didnt get DF ......................what happened at YOUR last meeting.?

• jambon1
    jambon1

At my last meeting, I sat there very passive, wanting to be somewhere else. For once, finally, I knew it was over. I knew that as I put my suit on that morning, It was over. The enext day I announced to my family that it was over.

The 4 years before that is a very long story. But I will always remember that last meeting!

• Purza
    Purza

I didn't realize it was my last meeting, but it was a Thursday night TMS/SM and they had this brother from bethel speaking about what occurred while the 9/11 events were transpiring. I can't even remember what he said, but I remember thinking "I better go back to the meetings now". Funny how that was my last meeting.

Purza

• Balsam
    Balsam

Actually my last meeting was a Friday of the District Convention June 2001. I dropped the bomb on my husband that I was leaving him and gave him a date for my departure Aug 31st. The convention day I just don't remember it much. I remember my own personal drama more. LOL

• Honesty
    Honesty

2004 Memorial.

I had not attended a meeting since August 2003 but went to the 2004 Memorial out of respect for 'Jehovah's' provisions.

I almost threw up when I got home and realised I had just rejected Jesus.

That was it for me.

I'll never set foot in another Kingdom Hall of Satan.

• greendawn
    greendawn

It was the summer convention of 1986 in Twickenham and I can't even remember what was said there it was so long ago. I walked away knowing that I would never return to a JW gathering by that time I knew enough to seriously doubt all their claims.

• Gordy
    Gordy

August 1999

I had been through depression and attempted suicide a couple of years before. The lack of love and support caused me to question my beliefs in the WT. I spent two years of research into the WT and discovering the truth about the "truth" and about the real Christian faith and Jesus.

I was at a Service meeting. I was watching the Elder talking, using all the gestures he had learnt in the TMS as he talked. I realised that I was listen to the same words I had heard from my previous 28 years as a JW, it was almost as if he was reading from a script.

Then it hit me "I no longer believed in a word he was saying!" that night I left and never returned. I had left a man-made organisation, not God.

In March 2000 I became a Christian and started to attend a Pentecostal church, where I have been ever since.

• Forscher
    Forscher

It was a Memorial.
    I was very ill, nothing catching, and had made the effort to be there. I guess the lip-service to Jesus and the praise of "the Faithful and Discrete slave" and the orginization in a service that was supposed to be centered around what Jesus did was just a bit too much. Alot of things just kind of came together that night for me and I just haven't been back.
    Forscher

P.S. That is not to say I had a sudden epiphany that night. It was more like a last straw kind of thing. I've written before how I'd been thinking on some things for quite some time.

• parakeet
    parakeet

I don't remember my last meeting. Toward the end, they all blurred together into one interminable, droning, meaningless buzz of white noise. The antidepressive and antianxiety meds I was on at the time probably contributed to that impression.

• foundfreedom
    foundfreedom

for me it was the memorial of 2004, I remember my daughter who was age 18 at the time leaned over and told me that it was a weird feeling to know that this would be the last memorial she ever attended and that she was never going to attend another KH in her life. I agreed with her and we have never stepped foot in another KH since then. She even worked memorial night this year, we never even gave it much thought, I even kept forgetting that it was comming up.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit