What if they're right?

by LovesDubs 38 Replies latest jw friends

• LovesDubs
    LovesDubs

Did that mentality keep you in fear and prevent you from leaving? Does it still? How many times were we told that the Kingdom Halls would be our ARK and that we needed to keep going to the meetings so that we wouldnt miss the announcement that the great tribulation was beginning and the doors of the ARK were closing...even though the Bible says nobody knows the day or the hour? Did any of you ever pray for your relatives to DIE so they would have a ressurection and not be destroyed at armageddon?

• Scully
    Scully

Hi LovesDubs:

For me, once I had enough evidence that the Organization™ was corrupt, there was no questioning "what if they're right".... it was like the kid who gradually comes to the realization that Santa Claus does not exist, that he never existed, and that parents perpetuated the fantasy of Santa Claus.

Once a kid "knows" that there's no Santa Claus, there's just no convincing them otherwise anymore. The evidence wins every time.

• beautifulisfree
    beautifulisfree

(I agree with Scully) Once I read COC I knew FOR SURE that they were not right. There were no lingering doubts that they might be.

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

Once the penny dropped and I realised that "Its just not true", I kept repeating that and sat like a zombie for a while . But from that moment I have never doubted my rejection of the J W faith . Which is something that I could not say about the beliefs when I was in it

• AuldSoul
    AuldSoul

Once I realized that if they were right then Jesus lied...well, it was all done for me. If Jesus lied it wouldn't matter whether they were right or not. If Jesus told the truth, then they weren't right.

Matthew 7:15-20"Be on the watch for the false prophets that come to YOU in sheep’s covering, but inside they are ravenous wolves. By their fruits YOU will recognize them. Never do people gather grapes from thorns or figs from thistles, do they? Likewise every good tree produces fine fruit, but every rotten tree produces worthless fruit; a good tree cannot bear worthless fruit, neither can a rotten tree produce fine fruit. Every tree not producing fine fruit gets cut down and thrown into the fire. Really, then, by their fruits YOU will recognize those [men]."

The fruit born by false prophets is prophecies that don't come true. (Deuteronomy 18:20-22) This one sewed it up for me.

Respectfully,
    AuldSoul

• daystar
    daystar

If loving them is right, I wanna be wrong.

• whyamihere
    whyamihere

Those child molesting, lying, greedy, hypocritical, slanderous, back stabbing JW's are right?

It's like saying the Holy Roman Empire was "Holy", "Roman", and an "Empire!"

Brooke

• blondie
    blondie

I found that the more I examined the facts of the WTS, the more I knew they were not right. They were hung with their own words. So it means taking the time to examine what they teach. Many a person here had their eyes opened merely by reading the Bible without the use of the WT publications.

Blondie

• dabatgaly
    dabatgaly

first of all you nicked my puss in boots

anyhoo even if they were right an eternity with the worst of them would be a nightmare.

• cruzanheart
    cruzanheart

I just got to the point where I didn't care anymore -- I don't want to spend eternity with those people, everlastingly trying to follow a set of impossible rules while constantly being exhorted to do more than I'm already doing.

Nina

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit