Class action suit?

by Quandary 12 Replies latest watchtower child-abuse

• Quandary
    Quandary

I haven't been on line for a while so please excuse my ignorance. Is there a pending class action lawsuit against the Society?

Q

• LDH
    LDH

you might want to check silentlambs.org

the only ones who would know for sure are parties to the action, and they may not want to tip their hand.

• Quandry
    Quandry

There is a web site about the law firm Love and Norris. Yes, they are looking to have a class action suit. Right now I think they have a specific set of criteria to be involved.

By the way, you'll notice that my alias is Quandry. I didn't know you were on here, since we spell the word differently. Apparently we feel the same, however!!!!

• Quandary
    Quandary

Thanks for replying LDH and Quandry-

Quandry- I have felt this way for the past 10 yrs! However, due to family and friends Im still in this destructive cult. Someday Ill be able to give my complete story without fear of being found out. For now just trying to fly under the radar!

Q

• stillconcerned
    stillconcerned

Actually there is no 'class action suit', as the facts don't fit the elements of a 'class action'.

However, we have been, and still are, providing investigation and consultation concerning sexual abuse of children occurring in WTS congregations.

We can be contacted at:

Love & Norris

Kimberlee D. Norris

[email protected]

• Amazing
    Amazing

Kimberlee,

That is good to know. Many of us were of the impression that some (I think four) cases in Northern California had been combined in a class. Thanks for the clarificaton.

Jim Whitney

• stillconcerned
    stillconcerned

Nope. 'Consolidated' for judicial economy during the discovery process.

Not a literal 'class action'.... (from a legal perspective)

kimberlee d.

• Quandary
    Quandary

Thank you Kimberlee for clarifying. Also, thank you for your dilligent efforts on behalf of all the victims!

Q

• stillconcerned
    stillconcerned

You are welcome.

• Uzzah
    Uzzah

This may also be a reference to the Lawrence Hughes action in Calgary Alberta. He was speaking of a class action suit but I have no knowledge of its current standing.

Uzzah

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit