JW Theology and the NY disaster

by msil 25 Replies latest jw friends

• joelbear
    joelbear

Yes, nyt

Your group will survive. I am insignificant to your or anyone's group.

I am just me.

Joel

• nytelecom1
    nytelecom1

we are all siginificant in one way or another

• msil
    msil

NYT - doesnt this make you think that your beliefs should be examined or that perhaps the beliefs are pretty warped?

• larc
    larc

It seems to me that another logical conclusion from the JW logic is that they should stop preaching altogether. Why? Because people who have never heard "the word" in such places as India and China will either live through Armageddon or be resurrected. If this is so, what is the point of their preaching work?

• DIM
    DIM

there is no point to the preaching work - thats why i quit.

• Eusebius Hieronymus
    Eusebius Hieronymus

: Then logically, according to the JW teaching those who were killed in the NY attack "have been acquitted from their sin" and are elligible for resurrection now.

Logically, then, the unknown number of terrorists who were also killed in the NY attack were acquitted from their sin.

Therefore they qualify for the resurrection too, despite the likelihood of their being extreme Muslim fundamentalists!

Good points, msil.

For others, according to recent KMs who note lack of response to DtoD ministry, the preaching work "marks" those who refuse to accept the truth.

Of course, they would be resurrected without being so marked!

• bjc2012
    bjc2012

MSIL,

I disagree - how many Old Testament passages should we look at?

Fine, let's begin with Isaiah 2:2-4.

Verse 1: ".. the mountain of the house of Jehovah will become firmly established above the top of the mountains."
    Verse 2: "..and to it all the nations must stream."
    Verse 4: "And he will certainly render judgment among the nations and set matters straight respecting many peoples."

bjc

• msil
    msil

bjc - I am sitting here without a Bible right now - at work.

Perhaps some of the other posters who have Bibles handy could quote the "loving" acts of war from the Old Testament. For example when the Israelites were told to kill everyone including even the animals in some of their battles...

How about the prophecies of how peoples eyes will rot in their sockets at the time of the great day?

Quoting sweet verses do not make things "happy" when the OT also refers to the inhumane acts. If you give your kid candy and then burning him with a cigarrete afterwards does that mean you are a good or a bad person? Same logic isn't it?

• bjc2012
    bjc2012

MSIL,

I quoted that verse to show you that JWs have not fulfilled it. You cannot make a decision on what kind of god Jehovah is until you see his word being fulfilled. The world will not be judged on the basis of what JWs have done up to this point. When Isaiah 2 has been fulfilled, then you can talk about the verse at Zechariah 14:12 being fulfilled. We are not quite there yet.

bjc

• voltaire
    voltaire

Ballistic,

That famous scientist turned out to be wrong! The universe is, at its most fundamental level, random in nature. I do agree that it makes sense to assume that a loving, all-powerful God wouldn't play dice. The fact that the universe is a dice game makes one wonder if there really is a God. (Einstein made the remark to Bohrs, I believe. Einstein didn't believe in quantum mechanics because it violated his notion of how the universe should be(presumably orderly and predictable). In the world of planets and baseballs it is, in the world of the very small it most evidently is not.)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit