See you next convention, or in the new system!

by daystar 23 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• daystar
    daystar

This was a comment my JW mother recently relayed to my father.

I don't know if it was by an elder, CO, etc. ... ... ... They must really be preparing for some "big announcement" next DC. I know there have been rumors here.

• kid-A
    kid-A

I dont know dude. There seems to be tons of threads on this hypothetical "big announcement" coming and I have yet to see any solid evidence for this. Most dubs I know get a little hyper-zealous for 3-4 days post convention, and this seems to happen every year so I suspect we are seeing the usual phenomenon. I think its just the old watchtower carrot dangling again rather then some upcoming "new light" announcement but I guess ya never know!

• lisavegas420
    lisavegas420

I've read the posts that are suggesting that there is new light or a announcement. I wonder if it has anything to do with this.

http://www.idpvigil.com/

or

http://www.internationaldayofpeace.org/

The International Day of Peace Peace Day - September 21Join the worldwide movement to create
    a Global Ceasefire
    and day of peace and nonviolence

lisa

• daystar
    daystar

Hey kid-A, I'm right there with ya. I've seen the threads here. But when my mom mentioned that... well... she doesn't mention things like that frequently.

• Jim_TX
    Jim_TX

"See you next convention, or in the new system!"

I seem to remember this being stated when I was a kid (in the 60's & 70's). It's sort of an 'inside joke' thing with the JWs. One of those *wink* *wink* *nudge* *nudge* things that they feel that they have in common.

Don't lose any sleep over it.

Regards,

Jim TX

• Brigid
    Brigid

Yes, my mother and brother called from the road to the convention yesterday all a twitter over the new convention (I mean way more than usual). She said she was going to send me the new tract for it or something.

I'm old enough to remember when Pres. Bush the first, announced 1986 as the year of "peace and security" and I can remember my little witness friend and I sitting by the creek where he was destroying his stash of Playboys in preparation musing over the fact the the great trib was sure to start right then. We were both in a state of slight panic.

Same old same old, I say. But it keeps their lives interesting.

~Brigid

• daniel-p
    daniel-p

"I can remember my little witness friend and I sitting by the creek where he was destroying his stash of Playboys in preparation musing over the fact the the great trib was sure to start right then. We were both in a state of slight panic."

That is some hilarious imagery right there!

• Highlander
    Highlander

Yes, my mother and brother called from the road to the convention yesterday all a twitter over the new convention (I mean way more than usual).

I tend to agree that this year the j-dubs are falling all over themselves in their renewed anticipation of the impending gloom and doom of armageddon.

I got my hands onto an email from a recent attendee and am shocked at their reaction of just now realizing that the 'new system' is so close at hand.

Please, the new system is going to be here soooooon. just like last year and the year before.

• daystar
    daystar

Jim_TX

Don't lose any sleep over it.

LOL! No, I've lost all the sleep I'm ever going to, worrying, years ago, about that sort of thing.

• daystar
    daystar

brigid

I can remember my little witness friend and I sitting by the creek where he was destroying his stash of Playboys in preparation musing over the fact the the great trib was sure to start right then. We were both in a state of slight panic.

How cute! I can just imagine you and the boy. Reminds me of my childhood...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit