FROM the source about downsizing

by Pistoff 37 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• Pistoff
    Pistoff

I toured Wallkill in the last month; the tour guide stated, in very clear terms, that the WT leadership is "sending home" many older couples and older ones, and replacing them with younger ones as they need to.
    He did say it was because their experience was of more use in the field. (snicker.)
    The witness I was with called his friend, and in his own words said that "they were spinning it" as helping the congregations, when they knew they could get more work out of the younger ones.
    Another witness stated that the downsizing in NY area is 1500 to 2000, no lie.

• Scully
    Scully
    "sending home" many older couples and older ones, and replacing them with younger ones as they need to.

Nice. Put the elderly Bethelites out to pasture, with no pension, no medical coverage, and forget about them.

I hope all the younger Bethelites take note and get the hell out of Dodge while they still have time.

• AuldSoul
    AuldSoul

Scully,

I am hoping the same thing. I know three who are planning to leave (not being sent home). Two are getting ducks in a row on a means of supporting themselves. None of the three are planning to pioneer.

May the trend continue.

Respectfully,
    AuldSoul

• VM44
    VM44

Even if the older people who have spent decades at Bethel are sent out to the congregations, won't they be receiving a stipend from the Watchtower to help them out as well as a sign of appreciation for all the years of hard word they have contributed?

VM44 (of the rhetorical question class)

• FairMind
    FairMind

VM44, you have to be joking!

• Stealth453
    Stealth453

Nice. Put the elderly Bethelites out to pasture, with no pension, no medical coverage, and forget about them.

But with christian (puke) love.

• Poztate
    Poztate
    Even if the older people who have spent decades at Bethel are sent out to the congregations, won't they be receiving a stipend from the Watchtower to help them out as well as a sign of appreciation for all the years of hard word they have contributed?

VM44 (of the rhetorical question class)

Yes VM is pulling your chain.NEVER has the WT EVER done anything for it's "voluntary" workers

• thecarpenter
    thecarpenter

Actually they do get a stipend, bus fare

• ocsrf
    ocsrf

It is interesting to note that at the DC this year they had a 1/2 hour talk about giving special consideration to those who have put many faithful years into full time service. I suppose that is meant for the congregations but is not followed by the GB towards their own hard workers.

By the way, they only get help after leaving if they are special pioneers or perhaps circuit overseer. Not if they are going to pioneer.

OC

• Wasanelder Once
    Wasanelder Once

Even prisoners get 200 dollars when tbey are asked to leave! LOL.

Bethelites get a warm handshake and a prayer!

Wait, maybe that 200 dollars is from monopoly, sorry.

W.Once

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit