Hello...

by gymbob 32 Replies latest jw friends

• In Between
    In Between

Welcome ... I'm a newbie here too ... but from what I've read, most everyone here is pretty cool. They listen and they understand, because they have been there too.

• gymbob
    gymbob

Yep, i'm a newbie, and I plan on sticking around.......I was in that crazy religion long enough to remember when songbooks were green, but nothing compares to the real freedom of being out and away from the witnesses. Of course, that freedom was expensive, it cost me a 23 year marriage and my parents and sisters. My two kids (21 & 25) also left with me and we had our first christmas last year (we're such pagans!).

Someday I might just write a book about this whole adventure, it might not be a "C of C", but it would be fun! I've vacation pioneered, temporary pioneered, regular and special pioneered across this country, spent a few years in Brooklyn too, but now it's time to start living and get on with life. Without meetings and service I feel like i've got two Saturdays every week!

thanks for the "welcomes". Gymbob

• cognizant dissident
    cognizant dissident

Welcome Gymbob and Inbetween! I lurked for years before I posted too. The longer you stick around and get to know people and get involved in the threads, the more fun it is.

Cog

• Dansk
    Dansk

WELCOME!

Ian

• MidwichCuckoo
    MidwichCuckoo

Welcome gymbob and In Between

• fullofdoubtnow
    fullofdoubtnow

Hi gymbob, and welcome to the board. I am glad you joined us

• happy1975
    happy1975

Hi Gymbob-

Welcome! I'm more of a reader than a poster too - it takes all kinds.

Happy

• brutusmaximus
    brutusmaximus

Hi

I was like you in that I read alot before posting which is good. I now want to try and be a Jedi so I will need to post a bit more

Hope you enjoy your time here

BM

• mouthy
    mouthy

Welcome to the board, Good to E you

• delilah
    delilah

we had our first christmas last year (we're such pagans!).

WELCOME, Gymbob....isn't Christmas fun??? Glad to have you on board...enjoy!!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit